My mom is stubborn...

Why do you need to upgrade the graphics if all she does is internet, email and ms word? Don't waste the money.

Well shes runnin the on-board intel extreme graphics or whatever, i thought maybe upgrading her graphs card would do the trick for a year or so.. i mean 30 bucks isnt bad to get another year out of a system...

Im actually ordering a new case and PSU for myself, i was thinking of putting a micro atx into my current case, and getting an am2 into it... but she would rather complain and call me up to repair her computer every month or so.

With all the flashy moving websites, i thought maybe a graphics card would help.

Maybe ill try talking her into a cheap laptop.. But everything i see around 300-400 has an intel celeron or some bs.

The search continues.

Either way im still gonna pick up a graphs card cause when shes done with it it falls on my little brother and sister for facebook etc..

Well shes runnin the on-board intel extreme graphics or whatever, i thought maybe upgrading her graphs card would do the trick for a year or so.. i mean 30 bucks isnt bad to get another year out of a system...
The onboard graphics are perfectly fine for what she does with it. Plus, it has nothing to do with how long a computer will last.

Honestly, if she doesn't want to upgrade it, don't make her upgrade it. A system like that is fine for what she does with it. Just because it's outdated doesn't necessarily mean you have to upgrade it. If it works for it's purpose then leave it alone.

Lol no gaming.. i got mine for that.

I think she plays bejeweled on it but thats about it.

Shes one of those woman who do avon and other different kinds of sales. I guess ill leave it alone for now, or even use my own money to do something with it..

I just hate when she asks me to make it go faster and tells me to fix it.

I told her today that i talked to you guys and that her pc was slow because of the single cored processor, something i never took into account, and she would probably like the second oppinion.

Im hopin she just gets herself a laptop.

A single-core shouldn't be too bad, but I guess the old architectures can't handle it anymore. You should consider getting her a netbook. Those Intel Atoms are surprisingly fast.

What are the exact specs of the machine?

A single-core shouldn't be too bad, but I guess the old architectures can't handle it anymore. You should consider getting her a netbook. Those Intel Atoms are surprisingly fast.
My buddy has an Atom processor in his new Toshiba 13 incher and he says it's really fast. He can mutitask like a mother. Plus he gets like 6-7 hours out of the battery which he loves.

Back
Top Bottom