My mom is stubborn...

it is a dell inspiron mini dont know the model number but i know it is a year old

A single-core shouldn't be too bad, but I guess the old architectures can't handle it anymore. You should consider getting her a netbook. Those Intel Atoms are surprisingly fast.

What are the exact specs of the machine?

My buddy has an Atom processor in his new Toshiba 13 incher and he says it's really fast. He can mutitask like a mother. Plus he gets like 6-7 hours out of the battery which he loves.

Yeah they are, I have a eee 1000HE and it's always has spring in it's step.

lol no they aren't. I'm on one right now. It can't even run windows without locking up every two minutes.

Then no offense, seriously. But you don't know how to keep your computer cleaned.

I clean temp, cookies, flash cookies(no clearing your cookies does not clear your flash cookies), cache, db files, thumbs, etc.
My screen saver is a special tool that will actually fragment my HDD and optimize it so the operating system is closest in, including program files.
Once done it then goes to a windows screen saver of my choice.
I can interrupt it at any point just like a screen saver. It will run every 4 hours from the time of the last defrag and of course the next screen saver.

I use Spybot search and destroy to clean internal errors and starting programs. As well as the normal scan and immunization.

I then do a system scan with two Uniblue products RegistryBooster and SpeedUpMyPC.

As to the OP I would just use your own PC as you mentioned that you do have your own. Leave mom to her crap shot computer.

I remember back in the day when you kept things like a Rubik's cube near the computer while you waited for the computer to do something...

Back
Top Bottom