My Linksys router is not working, and I can't find any posts on the internet with the same problem

Boo4444

Beta member
My router is not working wirelessly or when directly connected to my computer. Yesterday, it seemed to gradually stop working - the night before, it stopped working on my Playstation (saying there was a DNS error or something like that), then the next day it stopped working on my laptop, while still working on my iPod and everyone else's iPhones. Eventually, it stopped working for those, too, and even later my computer, which was directly connected to the router stopped having internet connection.

What is different about this than other people's problems that I have seen on the internet is that the laptop and iPhones say that they are connected to the wireless internet like normal, yet nothing that uses the internet works and internet browsers will not open.

I tried resetting the router and re configuring a bunch of settings at the 192.168.1.1 thing and unplugging it and plugging it back in but none of these worked. Does anybody know what the problem is or how to fix it?

Open a command prompt and use the following command:

ipconfig /all

Either post a screenshot of it or use:

ipconfig /all > C:\ipconfig.txt

to save the output in a text file. You can copy & past the contents from that file. If you haven't made any changes to anything then it sounds to me like the router is dying but we can try a few things first before writing it off.

If you haven't made any changes to anything then it sounds to me like the router is dying
DAMN YOU LINKSYS!!!!
But seriously, I've had a couple linksys routers that just seem to stop working as well. My suggestion, for the long run, would be to not buy linksys routers again. Instead go for an ASUS router. They're nice.

Back
Top Bottom