My links arent working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
If I type a link into the browser bar, it will take me there, but if I go to a site and click on a link on that site, it won't. Anyone know why this may be? I checked my internet settings as far as the security settings go and that was fine. I had a problem about a week ago with my eithernet card and had to reinstall it, after that is when I noticed the problem first started. Please help.

under the tools->internet options tab do you have
6 tabs including advanced and programs?

A similar problem like that happened to me and it turned out that those tabs were missing from the screen

the problem was a virus like hijacking from an ad-ware program
spy-bot and cs-shreader are two programs that help to clear our these problems and imunize the system from them in the future.

i think that i actually had to change some registry settings to get the tabs back on the screen. if i remember right is was just one entry from a 0 to a 1 or something like that.

i do not remember all the details because it was a while ago and i am no expert, but i hope this gets you going in the right direction.

Yes, my internet options do have all the tabs including advanced and programs. I also have the programs ad-aware 6 and spybot and run them often and still haven't fixed the problem. Have you heard of a program called hijack this? I have heard it is even better then the previous two I mentioned, but I havent been able to get it because my links arent working. When I try to start the download for it, the download box that normally pops up never pops up. Thanks for the help. Any more suggestions?

hijack this is only good if you know how to read the results or know somebody who does, I am new to this forum but there are a lot of people at Tech Support Guy forum who can help you if you are able to download it and run it they are at: http://www.helponthe.net/

HijackThis is a great little program. There is a long tutorial on it, and several people here that can help with the log file.

I was reading that there are several hijackers, like CoolWebSearch, that will keep your browser links from working and can also make it difficult to go to the spy nuker type sites. So, how does he get the spy removers if he can't get onto the sites?

Dave :D

coolweb is right
i said cs shredder
but it is cw-shredder
it is a small program but can solve that problem
if that program is causing the problem

Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll

If that doesn't help then Please get Spybot S&D to clear out any spyware.
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=mirrors

Install the program and open it.

Before doing any scanning click Online and Search for Updates .
Put a check mark at and install all updates .
Click Check for Problems nd when the scan is finished have Spybot fix all it finds marked in red .

Then after reboot :
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ or from http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3155&file=3&evp=3304750663b552982a8baee6434cfc13
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the " scan " button will change into a " save log " button.
Press that, save the log , load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Well I already have both Ad-aware 6 and spybot. I have ran both of them and fixed all the problems that both of them came up with. I am still trying to download HiJack this but have had no luck since the download box wont pup up. I do have a pop-up stopper and have turned it off to see if that had anything to do with it, it didnt. I will try what you said mobo and let you know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom