My laptop display settings go won't above 1024x768? How can I get higher resolution?

jimmy2o9

Baseband Member
My laptop display settings won't go above 1024x768? How can I get higher resolution?

My laptop display settings on vista won't go above 1024x768? How can I get higher resolution? I want to be able to change to a higher resolution when I have my laptop connected to my T.V.

muz

Golden Master
Try installing the drivers for the video card , what make and model is the laptop . You would find drivers on the manufacturers website for most decent models of laptop

What interface are you using to connect the laptop to the TV

jimmy2o9

Baseband Member
I am using a 15 inch toshiba laptop connected to a 30 inch tv with s-video and audio to rca. I am not sure what my video card or laptop model is. How do I check what video card and laptop model I have on vista?

Golden Master
I am using a 15 inch toshiba laptop connected to a 30 inch tv with s-video and audio to rca. I am not sure what my video card or laptop model is. How do I check what video card and laptop model I have on vista?

That's the reason.

muz

Golden Master

S-video cant be used for high resoloutions

setishock

Wizard of Wires
2 ways to find out.
1> Check the sticker on the bottom of the laptop.
2> Boot to the bios and check the general info page.
Then take the model info and check the Toshiba site for the manual and the specs.