My Homework Assignment, regarding election night (A MUST READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
ok guys let me just give you some background. i'm a sophomore in highschool and my english homework assignment was to watch coverage on tv regarding the elections. all i was supposed to do was to observe what is going on in a first person perspective and write about it in one page. read on folks and tell me which part of the paper you liked most.

Well its 8:23 and I’m done with my Spanish project, but I’ve been listening to the T.V. for a while now. The channel is tuned to CNN, you can tell wolf Blitzer and Larry king had their mom’s lay out their clothes, their clothes match very well. It seems to me that Larry King has worn the same suspenders ever since he was 3 years old. Ok now down to business. I’m watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen that states the percentage of votes per candidate (measured in V/C)… I just made that up and I don’t even think it’s a correct forumula. Every time they update the winner of a state, my parents either become really happy, or get “I want to throw something at Yashar” mad. Specially when I said I am a Patrick Ballantine fan. It is 8:32 now, in the last 9 minutes, I estimate that there has been 19 people interviewed on CNN alone. Now its Bush 87 electoral votes, and Kerry has 77. Once again, my parents are “I want to throw something at Yashar” mad. One thing I am having trouble understanding how some state’s votes are not being posted on CNN even though the polls have been closed for quite some time. The crew on CNN is saying that they can not get in touch with the state or there is not enough information. I wonder if I can call to a polling station in Ohio and ask whose winning. But I have to write this paper, and if I make a phone call I will probably get distracted by the sounds of the tones when I press the buttons on the telephone, so I’m not going to call Ohio. AHAHA, I would continue that laughter more but I will get in trouble for trying to fill up space on the page instead of information. What I was laughing about, and I might be the only one on this, but I just realized that Wolf Blitzer is talking to a Television screen. If you’re not watching CNN, they have a wall with about 20 or more televisions lined up in a grid, and Wolf Blitzer is staring at one screen talking with a Republican standing in front of a green screen that is projecting the Capital in Washington D.C., thus drawing me to the conclusion that republicans can fly. WOW, mom just turned to MSNBC, and it is apparent that the host polished his tie, so much that if I turn off the lights in the room, and placed my back facing the T.V., I would see red all over the room. Ok, another old person humor comment. A guy on MSNBC just stated his version of the three G’s. Guns, God, and Gays… I like Mr. Keilty’s Gold, God, and Glory better. BEHOLD, THY HOLY REMOTE, let thou preformehd un pilgramage to thy beloved CNN. Once again I am viewing the CNN ticker on the bottom of the screen, and I was stunned to see that a republican candidate named Blunt was winning. Let me return to the point I made earlier about the red tie. I think there was a dress code for the people on T.V. tonight. Every man has on a blue jacket, black pants, and a blinding red tie. Correction, everyone But Robert Novak has on a Blue Jacket, black pants, and red tie. Robert Novak has on a three piece suit. If my eyes are serving me correctly, I believe I just saw a spider crawl out from Novak’s pocket located on the bottom right hand side of his three piece suit. I’m sorry but I have to stop typing because I’ll need all the concentration I can get to help myself try to understand what this Robert Novak person is saying. I don’t think he has a tongue. I am pondering to decide in how severe of a state of insanity I should be in to stand outside the CNN studio and wave a 1’ by 2’ poster. Nothing can be gained from performing such a stupid act, nothing except papercuts and having my wallet pickpocketed by some punk who doesn’t know what party President Bush is registered to. Ok well I am being pressured by the forces of this page to stop typing. This was a fun assignment. I wish Mr. League will assign more assignments like this one, because I enjoyed it.

15 or 16yrs old huh, well, how bout paragraphs to separate thoughts and group the material together a little better, I think most folks will have a hard time following you here

lol
it could be in a humor collum somewhere but i dont think, if the assignment was a really serious one, that it will fly well.

Which part did I like the best?
I wish Mr. League will assign more assignments like this one, because I enjoyed it.

Anyway, if this is for an English class, I suggest you go back and proofread what you have. Wouldn't the teacher want better sentence structure and such?

Content is okay.

Dave :D

no no no guys, its not supposed to be formal.... just to write stuff as you see it on tv.... he just wanted us to have proof that we watched some election coverage and stuff. we had to write one page, and i could keep writing on and on. i purposly didn't indent or insert paragraphs because i wanted all the space. i showed it to him today and he started laughin real hard. my english teacher is a lil on the severely retarded side.... he is a major lord of the rings fan, and he has a lord of the rings tatto on his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom