My harddrive stopped

So I bought a shÑ–tty seagate HDD the other day and it already stopped working. When I boot up to windows I can't see any of my files that were on my computer before I got a new HDD. Help please!

Re: My fuсkin harddrive stopped

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo..............................
what are we supposed to do?
send you a new HDD?
i dont even have any to share
much less one that might work in your system
i dont even know what it is

btw: your language sucks

Whoa whoa whoa...
You're telling us that you bought a new hard-drive, popped it in your case, installed Windows, and then what?
You expect your files to MAGICALLY pop onto your new hard drive, it's harder then that you know. Is that what you're trying to say?

So I bought a shÑ–tty seagate HDD the other day and it already stopped working. When I boot up to windows I can't see any of my files that were on my computer before I got a new HDD. Help please!

Seagate makes good hdds, sound like operator error, how are your old files supposed to be on that hdd when they were on a different to begin with...? makes no sense at all, you need to set up the old hdd as a slave and transfer the files over, as someone else stated, they don't just magically appear...

:rolleyes:

how are your old files supposed to be on that hdd when they were on a different to begin with...? makes no sense at all, you need to set up the old hdd as a slave and transfer the files over, as someone else stated, they don't just magically appear...

:rolleyes:

X2, lol. Just because you hook it up to the old computer doesn't mean all your files will transfer...

But I have USB and my friend told me that alls i need to do is load up the hard drive and my usb port will do the rest.

It will do the rest as in allow you to access files, but it doesn't copy the stuff over automatically for you. You need to do that yourself.

Ok so i'm assuming your old hdd went bad, and you replaced it with the segate? If this is the case, did you backup the files on the old hdd? We need alittle more info on this topic.

But I have USB and my friend told me that alls i need to do is load up the hard drive and my usb port will do the rest.

I'd quit listening to a this particular friend on PC related matters. First you needed to copy all the files from your old hard drive (the ones you wanted to keep) onto a USB thumb/jump drive (just having a USB port does nothing as all computers now-a-days do). Once they are on the thumb/jump drive then you put in your new HDD and load windows. Then you put the thumb/jump drive back into a USB port and copy them over to the new HDD.

Back
Top Bottom