my gaimng computer

lockess_

Baseband Member
-Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930
-GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
- COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
-Sunbeam PSU-COM680-BK-US 680W ATX12V Modular Active PFC Power Supply - OEM
-COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
-Kingston HyperX T1 Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) XMP Tall HS Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3T1K3/6GX
-Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

okay so first i got all this as ordered and thought that my mobo did not work... so i did rma... and i got a replacement... then after hooking it all up ...i figured out i inserted the gpu wrong cuz mobo never made beeping noise... anywyas
i played starcraft2... after 1 day of play the moniter started flickering...
then when i restrated my computer... i got a blue screen saying something wrong with display driver
i did system restore and it seemed fine...
but when i installed the display driver for the gtx460 same blue screen...
so i figured this gpu sucks ballz...
anyways atm im doing another rma for the gpu... sicne many endorsed the gpu ... ill stick to it...
atm tho newegg.com seems to ship out used and bad products... nontheless. im trying it again... it it messes up again ill never buy anything from gigabyte and find another gpu brand like EVGA or someshyt
i think my build is pretty good and im looking to buy this moniter... atm im using a 17'' lcd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009206

also i need a new table to fit my full tower lol previous one is too tiny

Hi,
don't know what OS you are using, but I am on Win7, and I found that my ASUS Nvidea card was automatically upgraded by Windows Update for Nvidea Drivers, which DID NOT work for the ASUS version.
I have never used a Gigabyte card, but it may be worth checking with the Gigabyte site and ONLY using their drivers for your card - beware Microsoft - they don't always know best!

im using win7
can switch to xp wheneevr tho
i kno the gtx460 was messed up becuase i read over 10 reviews on newegg.com about the blue screen that i got... it was not only gigabyte...asus and evga gtx460 had similar problems...
gtx460 is crap if any1 copies my build... do not get gtx460 get another gpu lke a better one or a radeon.

i used the cd they gave me and it worked for1 day...
i swtched to the newest one on the website.. and it was similar... then after next day i got blue sccreen...
i system recovered intalled the websites driver blue screen... and plus all the reviews indicate gtx460's similar issues that i had... so im atm doing rma...
ima try it again cuz some poeple really lovedit... im pretty sure in 3days it will mess up again.... ill do rma then again and get another gpu...
anyways gtx460 sucks

just got the gtx460 back in today and been running starcraft2 in full settings
so far so good...
comp running like a dream...
downloading ffx just to check it out on comp
played ff8 and 9 and graphics are very nice

Honestly, if your into gaming and such, going with the 460 was the wrong choice. Although it looks like a good card, you should have gone with an ATI hd 5870 or a GTX 470. I have a Sapphire HD 5870, and max everything including Crysis. Also, Ive never used a Gigabyte card. But I do have a Gigabyte motherboard, and its the best motherboard i've ever owned.

Honestly, if your into gaming and such, going with the 460 was the wrong choice. Although it looks like a good card, you should have gone with an ATI hd 5870 or a GTX 470. I have a Sapphire HD 5870, and max everything including Crysis. Also, Ive never used a Gigabyte card. But I do have a Gigabyte motherboard, and its the best motherboard i've ever owned.

No your wrong.

That is the single most biased answer i ever heard.

Im only judging from experience. My friend bought a 460 the same time I bought my 5870, and I completely and utterly destroy his FPS, and overall quality. Might be biased, but thats how I saw it with my own two eyes.

EDIT: Also, how big is your monitor? My friend has a 24" HP.

Back
Top Bottom