My Friend

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Hey my friend wante d a cheap ass gaming rig. somthing that'll play todays games. So I have some old parts a ASUS mobo socket a and a duron 1.2 GHz. Now I was wondering if I tossed in 512 of ram, and a geforce 6600 geforce would that be able to play todays games? Thining of charging him 400 for the entire deal. With HD, PSU, Case and all (beside mointor keyboard/mouse) I think it would.

Yeah, the 6600 will. maybe not a great settings, but it will period. The duron is a decent cpu... it'll work. It would really help smooth the gameplay with 1g, but I guess 512mb good, becuase the money. lol...

yea that video card would be able to handle it, i would agree with jac about the 1 gig though. since you are only running a 1.2 ghz, it would be wise to just upgrade the ram a little more so your computer will run a lil faster when multitasking.

Go with a 6600. Get a 80 GD HD, and a CD drive he said to me I want to dl (what do all teenage boys enjoy) and play games. I said what kinda games he said what games are out today. So for the price a gaming pc for 500 thats a steal.

Lord Kalthorn said:
6600 sounds like the best option. Or a 6200...

Dont get a 6200 they are horrible. I bought one for $150 and I can barelly run Battlefield 2 at medium settings

Back
Top Bottom