my friend got ripped off

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
peter (hes also a member here), went to buy a laptop at best buy, and bought a hp laptop, as i told him, because they are good and reliable. it has a turion 64, 1 gig of ram, a 120 gig hard drive (i think), a dvd drive/cd-rw, and a radeon express 200m.

the guy said it was vista compatible and that it was dual core, BUT, peter only told me that AFTER he bought it, so im like "the turion isnt dual core, and the 200m doesnt support vista". So did he get scammed? meh, i wouldnt of bought it, but he got it for graduation.

Two words: buyer beware. Tell your friend to research before he listens to some idiot at Best Buy who thinks he knows everything.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Fry's Electronics? It's this franchise of large electronics stories that carry TONS of stuff.

Well one time my friend and I went to one, and one time he decided to screw around with the employees there. So he picked up a random wireless networking card, found an employee and asked him, "Hi, do you know if I can SLI two of these networking cards?" To which the guy said, "Umm...I think you need the Linksys ones to do so."

ROFLMFAO, it was the funniest thing EVER. So he thanked him and we walked off laughing our asses off.

Best buy employees are paid with a nice fat bonus for everything they sell therefore they BULLSHIT YOU. I once asked if a geforce 5200 would run windows 95, my reply was no you need at least a geforce 6800GT to get the most of windows 95. And I went to bad I know what I am talking about and left.

That sli networking one is good :), just shows how incredily moronic and idiotic people can be. I've had a customer not believe that APG was going be phased out because the guy at the store told him so. I was like that guy at teh store threw in his application just wanting beer money, APG is out the door... Really if you want real honset, good to the true heart opinions and facts talk to poeple like us on CF. We won't lie, why? Because we don't get paid if we lie or tell the truth.

I admit I may make somthing sound more complex then it really is if I am trying to sell somthing. But other then that my advice is down, to earth. In my BP I eve state if a employee ever lies or misleads a customer he gets kicked out the door.

Your friend got ripped. I'd return that laptop, I don't see why poeple buy in stores anyways internet is just as safe and the savings is well worth it.

I dunno, I think Vista should offer support for older video chipsets, or its just a big rip off.

alvino said:
Two words: buyer beware. Tell your friend to research before he listens to some idiot at Best Buy who thinks he knows everything.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Fry's Electronics? It's this franchise of large electronics stories that carry TONS of stuff.

Well one time my friend and I went to one, and one time he decided to screw around with the employees there. So he picked up a random wireless networking card, found an employee and asked him, "Hi, do you know if I can SLI two of these networking cards?" To which the guy said, "Umm...I think you need the Linksys ones to do so."

ROFLMFAO, it was the funniest thing EVER. So he thanked him and we walked off laughing our asses off.
And never listen to a Staples [Business Depot] employee. Never. They scare me with their little knowledge of computers. :eek:

AND

Best buy employees are paid with a nice fat bonus for everything they sell therefore they BULLSHIT YOU. I once asked if a geforce 5200 would run windows 95, my reply was no you need at least a geforce 6800GT to get the most of windows 95. And I went to bad I know what I am talking about and left.

Both win the most highly respected honour of being Chims ROFL of the month.

In Tandy the dude asked me if I wanted an MP3 player or an iPod.
I asked, "Is there any difference"
He then went off into his own little world...

Nik00117 said:

That sli networking one is good :), just shows how incredily moronic and idiotic people can be. I've had a customer not believe that APG was going be phased out because the guy at the store told him so. I was like that guy at teh store threw in his application just wanting beer money, APG is out the door... Really if you want real honset, good to the true heart opinions and facts talk to poeple like us on CF. We won't lie, why? Because we don't get paid if we lie or tell the truth.

I admit I may make somthing sound more complex then it really is if I am trying to sell somthing. But other then that my advice is down, to earth. In my BP I eve state if a employee ever lies or misleads a customer he gets kicked out the door.

Your friend got ripped. I'd return that laptop, I don't see why poeple buy in stores anyways internet is just as safe and the savings is well worth it.

Haha, I would rather have a Best Buy employee than a Fry's employee, though. Fry's has them on comission, which makes for very annoying salesmen.

Back
Top Bottom