my freind wants to know c2d e6750 vs c2q q6600

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
my friend wants to know witch cpu is better the C2D E6750 or the Core 2 Quad Q6600 i have no clue so i came here so far yall have been helpfull

ummmm the quad of course its got like double the performance or a duo CPU
Still want a AMD quad to come out

ummmm the quad of course its got like double the performance or a duo CPU
Still want a AMD quad to come out
No. The E6750 will perform better in applications threaded for only single or dual core (99% of applications). The Q6600 will only perform better in applications that are capable of utilizing all 4 cores (very few applications today).

-.- if u could get a program that evenly spreads out the Processing between the 4 cores then maybe but i think there is none
4Core CPU will run better in a 4 Core supporting program (thats wat i meant)
But AMD has a download thing that does that for its 2 Core CPUs

I have no idea what you're going on about but...

What is he using the computer for, that's what it depends on most.

he should get the q6600 no question asked. even though most programs are made for only 1 or 2 cores. he will be able to multitask like no other. also more and more games will become quad core capable

Eh, depends. Right now, you'd be better off with the E6750. Barely any current games truly utilize dual core yet, let alone quad core. If you want to try to future proof your system, go for the quad core.

Idk, that E6750 might be better simply because of the higher FSB. It would be a close call at any rate.

go with the e6750 because theres no current software that fully supports quad core

up in a post above someone mentioned that games are just now starting to utilize dual cores which is true because i have a c2d 6420 and i play rainbow six vegas and it eats up one full core and has trouble utilizing both cores. it even states on the box that the game is intended for pentium 4s because it doesnt fully support c2ds...so theres just a little tidbit for ya!

now, im not an intel or amd fanboy, they both have pros and cons....however one thought about intels quads..they are just like two c2ds squashed together....my opinion would be to wait for amds full/true quad to come out..i think its call the phenom...i have no clue when its being released though...maybe someone on here knows......

Zac

Back
Top Bottom