My first computer

trogdor1

Beta member
So. Im 25 years old. I didnt get my first computer till I was 22 years old.... and it was a dinosaur. I dont know computers very well. I want to build my first real computer and I needed some help. I will list what I have decided on buying and I would like help in any form including suggestions, whether or not everything is compatible, and if I am missing anything. I could use all the help you can give. Thanks :)

Case: Antec Three Hundred Mid Tower

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

PSU: Rosewill 600W

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1

I dont know if I provided all the info you need on the components so let me know if I left anything out thanks.

First question: What will the computer be used for? Gaming, General use, Work...?
Second: What's your budget and how flexible will you be with it?

It all looks fine, some things could be improved, but that totally depends on your budget. I doubt you'll really need a sound card, unless of course you'll use it for work. You will also need a DVD drive, I presume? And what about an OS? Have you already got that?

The sound inbuilt to your motherboard will be most probably, practically as good as that sound car anyway, so there's some money saved :D

All in all, nicely matched build in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom