My first build

dmc14

Solid State Member
Hey everybody!

Here I am planning out my first build for a low budget computer that I might upgrade in the future when need be.
I am looking for anyones thoughts and advice that they might have. Also for anyone to tell me if im gonna put something together that wont work
Ok before I start posting what I have planned so far, im going to point out there wont be any PSU or case listed. The reason is that I am not knowledged on PSU's at all, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for wattage and such
Also theres no case because I was thinking about using my PC's case. Unless the motherboard wont fit or someone points out something that i probably dont know. But anyways, enough with the rambling:

Motherboard:ASUS M4A785TD- V EVO- $99.99
CPU:AMD Athlon II 245 Regor 2.9 GHz Socket AM3 Dual core- $58.99
Graphics:Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 512MB GDDR2- $48.99
RAM:2x 1GB Kingston 240-Pin DDR3 1066 SDRAM- $27.99each
HardDrive:Western Digital 320GB 7200 RPM 3.0 Gb/s 3.5"- $47.99
DVD/CD Drive:ASUS Black DVD+-RW Burner- $23.99

Total: $335.99

Thanks for reading and for any input you may have. :D

Now time to put my piggy bank to use!

Thank you for the PSU advice Rooster.

And well its a hp case, its a tower I bought at best buy a long time ago. I have this picture of the outside of the tower. I can maybe see if i can get an inside pic if you need one.
HP tower

That first one seems good,

Lets see the build with the PSU you suggested comes to a new total of $360.92 on newegg.
And if I want the case it will be $390.91

Both prices look good to me. Thanks for all you help Rooster! Gonna start saving now!

Back
Top Bottom