My first build

dmc14

Solid State Member
Hey everybody!

Here I am planning out my first build for a low budget computer that I might upgrade in the future when need be.
I am looking for anyones thoughts and advice that they might have. Also for anyone to tell me if im gonna put something together that wont work
Ok before I start posting what I have planned so far, im going to point out there wont be any PSU or case listed. The reason is that I am not knowledged on PSU's at all, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for wattage and such
Also theres no case because I was thinking about using my PC's case. Unless the motherboard wont fit or someone points out something that i probably dont know. But anyways, enough with the rambling:

Motherboard:ASUS M4A785TD- V EVO- $99.99
CPU:AMD Athlon II 245 Regor 2.9 GHz Socket AM3 Dual core- $58.99
Graphics:Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 512MB GDDR2- $48.99
RAM:2x 1GB Kingston 240-Pin DDR3 1066 SDRAM- $27.99each
HardDrive:Western Digital 320GB 7200 RPM 3.0 Gb/s 3.5"- $47.99
DVD/CD Drive:ASUS Black DVD+-RW Burner- $23.99

Total: $335.99

Thanks for reading and for any input you may have. :D

Now time to put my piggy bank to use!

dmc14

Solid State Member
Thank you for the PSU advice Rooster.

And well its a hp case, its a tower I bought at best buy a long time ago. I have this picture of the outside of the tower. I can maybe see if i can get an inside pic if you need one.
HP tower

dmc14

Solid State Member
That first one seems good,

Lets see the build with the PSU you suggested comes to a new total of $360.92 on newegg.
And if I want the case it will be $390.91

Both prices look good to me. Thanks for all you help Rooster! Gonna start saving now!