My first build and i screwed it up

DarkBlade said:
My knowledge of P4s is great, but this isn't related to that at all.

I recommend you dismantle the whole PC again, and then rebuild it (REWIRE EVERYTHING) If it is still occuring, we can troubleshoot in intervals.

What would taking apart everything do. o well i mize well. i'll have to do it tonight, i have house chores that have to be done before a dad gets home. i guess i should get off the computer and get on them. i should be back on at 6pm eastern with the computer rebuilt.

Good luck! Hope it works, if not then we will probably be closer to solving the problem.

Ya know, with every computer build there is always a problem. Not TOTALLY difficult to figure out but still a challenge.

Have noticed it because everyone is building computer this summer...even me!

I know i said i wopuld be back at 6 but my sis was on the computer.

Well i took apart the entire computer and put it back togehter and nothing. i'm pretty sure the PSU is fried because the light on the MOBO doesn't come on and it did before. i'm going to test it on this computer, but i can't do it till my dad goes to bed because he doesn't like my taking apart the computer and i already told him i wouldn't have to touch it anymore because i have my own now. i'll post if it's fried around 11pm eastern tonight.

if it is fried do you think that i will be able to get a new one from aspire. it has a year warrenty on it. i'll just say it just shut offf and wouldn't turn on again,lol.

Return to newegg RMA say it was DOA (DEAD ON ARRIVAL) and you can get a refund or a replacement if ya want, if they let you.

Are you getting any activity? Beeps, etc? That is a classic case of a faulty cpu fan or psu problem.

I got it from tigerdirect.ca and i have had it for a month and a bit already so they wont belive DOA.

hmmm, well call aspire and tell them the power supply didnt work but you didnt notice until now because you were waiting for your other parts
and that the psu was in the box up until the build.

What are they gonna do? say it wasnt?

no lights, beeps, nothing. it's like i'm pushing the power switch with no PSU in.

Dishdog said:
no lights, beeps, nothing. it's like i'm pushing the power switch with no PSU in.
yep, your psu is fried, happened to me once. all you can do now is get another one and find out how to hook up those wires right so it doesn't do that again.

Back
Top Bottom