My CPU Runs At 70 Degrees What's Going On?? Help!

yellowmoose

Beta member
For some strange reason my CPU: Intel Celeron 325 Series overclocked 2.53GHz has now started to run at low and high load temperature of 60 degrees and higher. It ran at 72 degrees and then it shut down. I'm using my laptop because I can't move my mouse without it switching to 70 degrees tempertaure.

1st solution: I tried clocking it down to its original clock speed and it made it worse.
2nd solution: tried sorting the airflow but that didn't do a thing.
3rd solution: I made a few adjustments and now it runs at 61 degrees low load and 69 high load.

What the hel! Should I do? I can't think of anything. Thanks in advance.

I'd remove the thermal pad at the bottom and buy some thermal paste. $3 won't kill you.

lhuser said:
I'd remove the thermal pad at the bottom and buy some thermal paste. $3 won't kill you.
I would get the thermal grease like lhuser said. It sounds like the heat is not being dispenses off from the CPU. It should take care of the problem. If it doesn't, then I would check into your Case's cooling system, and see if anything is malfunctioning.

And make sure that your heat sink is installed correctly. If not, it won't do jack to cool your processor. And while you have the heatsink off, blow it out with some compressed air if there is a lot of dust in between the fins of the heatsink, that will restrict airflow.

Back
Top Bottom