My CPU is Messed Up

Keithism

Solid State Member
I am not really knowledge on how to work on computers but I know a little bit.
My CPU usage is always high it stays at like 99-100 when I am running 1 or 2 programs I have tried MSCONFIG and I have also tried closing some of the Prosesses still stays the same. I have tried everything even Virus scan, adware, and all that stuff.

My Computer(What I know)
Dell Inspiron 1000
40 gb Hard Drive
702 mb RAM

umm what type of processor is it?

if you dont know go to start>run> type "dxdiag.exe">hit yes>and tell me what the processor is on the system tab

ok, does it act really slow? or does the cpu just show its being used a ton? because if this is the case you could have a ton of background junk running, or this could simply be the system idle process running in the background, you cannot shutdown the system idle process, but you can check the background programs simply by looking at the tray next to your clock, if you have a ton of icons down there you have way too much stuff running

hmmm... thats really weird, is this when using the task manager and looking at the cpu graphs? and does your computer feel slow or responsive?

So what process is running high? If its system idle process, then thats fine, its exactly that "system IDLE"

Back
Top Bottom