My computer - plz rate

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
Hard drive: 2x Western Digital WD2500JS SATAII 250GB 8MB cache
RAM: OCZ PC3200 2GB Kit EL DC PLATINUM CL2
Processor: AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz 2MB
Motherboard: A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Monitor: 17" LG-1750-HQ-SN DVI
DVD Burner: Pioneer 110D DVD Burner 16x Dual Layer (black)
DVD Drive: Samsung 16x48x Black DVD Drive
Floppy Disk Drive: Black 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive
Video Card: ASUS EN6800GT
Card Reader: USB2.0 Internal All-In-One Card Reader
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3100
Case: Thermaltake Shark Full Tower Alu Black VA7000BWA
PSU:Thermaltake 430W PSU
Fingerprint Reader: MS Fingerprint Reader

I'm not sure about the case because I've heard Thermaltake cases can be a bit flimsy but I like the look of them and am yet to find a similar looking style of computer cases.

Also is a 430W PSU enough, what should I base my decision on?

Also, I want a fingerprint reader for no reason really :p lol just to show off to ppl and to look cool. only thing is i duno how good it is?

for the athlon 64 bit processors. around 430w psu is the minium you want to power it. i would get at least a 500w one

Not trying to be an @$$hole, but it's kinda hard to explain why you need the more power. Si ply put, it's jus a highspeed processor that needs more power, but i have to say that it doesnt need 500w, trust me. People run shuttles with like 350w PSU's and 3500+'s and they run jus fine. The only thing I would have recommended, was faster RAM, sumthing like PC4000 or higher, but all in all a nice rig. BTW, how does well does the finger scanner work, it seems pretty interesting.

8/10 its nice. could use more power. and u can get a better video card. but thats still an insane set up ya got goin..

I can't get faster RAM can I? As far as I know my mobo only supports up to DDR 400, which is PC3200, how is it you managed to be able to use PC4000 RAM?

And well I don't know I'm trying to ask people but no-one seems to have one. Seems like a nice little gadget.

And well which PSU should I opt for?

oi..... r thermal take psu's any good???? and btw the thermaltake psu's im lookn at:

430W = $49 AUS
560W = $180 AUS

:eek:

also any1 kno the difference between the logitech lx700 and the mx3100?

if you think of your psu as supplying the blood to your system. the better the quality and quanity of it the more stronger the system will be. now do you want weak blood or strong? you can run that cpu on a 430w psu but dont forget you also have to run everthing else of it as well. including a high end graphics whcih will love more power going ot them

Back
Top Bottom