My computer is loud and nosiy help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i put my computer in sleep mode so no... but if i left if on yes it would keep me awake it almost seems like its starting to get louder thats why i decided to start looking for a solution.
on the other hand if i bought a new psu what would i look for? i seen some on ebay that wre like 680 wats for around $50. idk how to tell if its a good psu or not... also i was still wondering if having a lower end psu can slow the performence of my video card? sryy i might need a longer answer because i do not know alot about computers i just want to get rid of this loud annoying fan sound.

fan specifications usually include noise levels measured in dbs. you could replace the fans, just make sure the new ones are quieter.
or if it's just the cpu fan, it's possible that replacing the thermal compound would help draw heat off of the processor better, allowing the cpu fan to spin slower to control the temperature.

Aright! so, i took my pc apart like you told me and i found that the cpu- amd black phenem fan is the one making the most noise the 5850 and my 550w power supply fans seem quiet even know i did not test this while running a game. So, for the most part i might be ok for now aslong as i figure out a way to lower that noise. if i still neeed a psu i gotta wait until later unless there is a good one for around $50 ebay prices since stuff is cheaper on there. Well anyway back to topic. can i get a list on the ways to make the cpu fan better and more quiet plz.. thx

fan specifications usually include noise levels measured in dbs. you could replace the fans, just make sure the new ones are quieter.
or if it's just the cpu fan, it's possible that replacing the thermal compound would help draw heat off of the processor better, allowing the cpu fan to spin slower to control the temperature.

^
id Start with the new thermal paste,
and a spray of compressed air at the heatsink. if its dusty and needs it.

after doing this make sure that the heatsink is tightly fastened down to the motherboard

a look at
this might help also

[Solved] Phenom II 955 Thermal Paste - CPUs - CPU-Components

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appmeth/amd/md/amd_app_method_middle_dot_v1.1.pdf

Thats is a good tip for later pc clean up.. but dust is not a problem for my computer is brand-new with all new parts only about 2 weeks old :yum:

I assumed it was fairly new. not that new though.

I had the same prob and that fixed it but it was a pretty old system.
its a cheap and easy thing so i just thought i would throw it out there.

Then i would wait for more responses :smile:

it's not just new thermal compound that's important, it's how the paste is applied. if one were to put a lot on, that doesn't mean the proc would be running cooler. in fact, a lot of paste will act as a blanket and cause the proc to run hotter. when applying thermal compound, remember that it's only job is to act as a conductor for heat between the proc and heatsink. the thinner the layer, the less resistance the heat will meet when being drawn out. you want just enough to connect the two surfaces, but covering as much surface area as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom