My computer doing funny things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
My computer is doing funny things... Little things like when I click to search for files on my computer, it says it cant find the windows file to run the search program... And other things like when I go to defragment it says it cannot find the defragment file...

How do you know whether or not your computer is "stable"... I have important data on there and I don't want to lose it... Any suggestions?

are you sure that you're clear of viruses etc? if you are please explain how you're sure.
Have you had any stability issues? like random reboots or blue screens?

selecting R for the first option will take u to the recovery console, selecting repair the second time will take u to the repair section

MrCoffee said:
are you sure that you're clear of viruses etc? if you are please explain how you're sure.
Have you had any stability issues? like random reboots or blue screens?

I've done scans with several scanners...

I had blue screens occur 4-6 months ago... It happened a few times...

you could try looking in the event viewer and or any minidump files to diagnose the problem but its sounding like you best bet is going to be the repair install.

Word of caution, if you repair to an earlier service pack you may experiance problems. I remember once I did a repair install over SP1 and it broke RAS, some registry editing was required to get any internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom