My build.. maybe? help!

I didn't notice that they went up that much. :p Oh well. Well I might of meant for the 4GB RAM sticks. It is around $250 for some DDR3 ones, but i don't know for how much for DDR2 4GB RAM sticks.

It's actually around $100 at the moment.
These sticks are $94

It's 90 for 4gb of DDR3 RAM with my link (on the first post) so I guess that's not too bad. Oh, and would you check this out for me, and tell me if it's legit? And if it's good for a computer?
4GB KIT 2 X 2GB PC4200 DDR2 533 PC4200 DDR2 RAM Memory

and is it fast enough speed, do you think?

I would suggest the RAM I showed you :)
But once again, I can't seem to find any info on what MOBO you're getting. Are you sure it's DDR3??

It's 90 for 4gb of DDR3 RAM with my link (on the first post) so I guess that's not too bad. Oh, and would you check this out for me, and tell me if it's legit? And if it's good for a computer?
4GB KIT 2 X 2GB PC4200 DDR2 533 PC4200 DDR2 RAM Memory

and is it fast enough speed, do you think?

Actually I was talking about the single 4GB RAM sticks. Not 2x2GB. And I would go with something from Newegg.com not Ebay. Just to let you know, on your revised page about your build, your processor is not compatible with your motherboard. The mobo is socket AM3 not AM2+. Just a little fyi.

Actually I was talking about the single 4GB RAM sticks. Not 2x2GB. And I would go with something from Newegg.com not Ebay. Just to let you know, on your revised page about your build, your processor is not compatible with your motherboard. The mobo is socket AM3 not AM2+. Just a little fyi.

Oh, wowsers :D Do you have any suggestions on changing that...? Do you think it's fine if I get that RAM and Hard Drive off of eBay? It will save me a lotof money!!!

Pointless to get a single 4GB stick. Unless you're being an idiot and putting in 24 GB of RAM :D
Haha you only need 4 at the moment, so go 2x2.
Haha yeah I have no clue of his build, I'm only suggesting the RAM :)

Oh, wowsers :D Do you have any suggestions on changing that...? Do you think it's fine if I get that RAM and Hard Drive off of eBay? It will save me a lotof money!!!

I would suggest getting everything off a website that you know you won't get jipped on or ripped off. Newegg, I have never had a problem with ordering from them or with products I get from them. The way to save on there is to buy OEM or bare drive things. It can save about $20-30 on the HDD and $10-15 CD Drives. I would suggest getting a mobo off there by using the guided search. You can find a mobo specifically for your processor and it is easy to navigate on the website. I will try to find one later and post it on here for you to see.

Pointless to get a single 4GB stick. Unless you're being an idiot and putting in 24 GB of RAM :D
Haha you only need 4 at the moment, so go 2x2.
Haha yeah I have no clue of his build, I'm only suggesting the RAM :)

lol. This is my build:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - $62
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard - $80
RAM:Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5' Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGV34G1333ELK - $80
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power 460W Power Supply - Part of Bundle ($80)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB Hard Drive and Ultra Aluminum Hard Drive Cooler with Heatpipes Bundle- $85
Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case - Part of Bundle ($80)
Disk Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA -$26
CPU cooler: Ultra Performance 120mm Case Fan - Part of Bundle ($80) and Masscool 120mm Sleeve Bearing Case Fan Bundle - Buy One Get One Free - $6

And...! Thanks! I haven't updated any of that information above... haha. I will later. I'll probably save $35 for the hdd, going from 750 to 500, and then another $30 for my switch to DDR2 ram (if i get the crap on eBay - should I? It will save me ^^!)

I would suggest getting everything off a website that you know you won't get jipped on or ripped off. Newegg, I have never had a problem with ordering from them or with products I get from them. The way to save on there is to buy OEM or bare drive things. It can save about $20-30 on the HDD and $10-15 CD Drives. I would suggest getting a mobo off there by using the guided search. You can find a mobo specifically for your processor and it is easy to navigate on the website. I will try to find one later and post it on here for you to see.

That would be awesome!! I know I'll probably end up waiting for the hdd, anyway, so I know around May they have tremendous sales at Newegg, the I can just get one from a reliable source (500GB) and I might get the RAM on eBay... it all depends. I am getting about $100 soon. So, I think I'm going to use that money to get that 17" monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse.

Okay, so it looks like this:

Keyboard and Mouse: S520 cordless Keyboard & mouse - $25

(if you look under specs) says windows xp, vista, or 7... do you think it will still work with Ubuntu?

lol. This is my build:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - $62
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard - $80
RAM:Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5' Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGV34G1333ELK - $80
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power 460W Power Supply - Part of Bundle ($80)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB Hard Drive and Ultra Aluminum Hard Drive Cooler with Heatpipes Bundle- $85
Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case - Part of Bundle ($80)
Disk Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA -$26
CPU cooler: Ultra Performance 120mm Case Fan - Part of Bundle ($80) and Masscool 120mm Sleeve Bearing Case Fan Bundle - Buy One Get One Free - $6

And...! Thanks! I haven't updated any of that information above... haha. I will later. I'll probably save $35 for the hdd, going from 750 to 500, and then another $30 for my switch to DDR2 ram (if i get the crap on eBay - should I? It will save me ^^!)

That would be awesome!! I know I'll probably end up waiting for the hdd, anyway, so I know around May they have tremendous sales at Newegg, the I can just get one from a reliable source (500GB) and I might get the RAM on eBay... it all depends. I am getting about $100 soon. So, I think I'm going to use that money to get that 17" monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse.

Okay, so it looks like this:

Keyboard and Mouse: S520 cordless Keyboard & mouse - $25

(if you look under specs) says windows xp, vista, or 7... do you think it will still work with Ubuntu?

Pretty much everything works with Ubuntu. It should be fine.

Pretty much everything works with Ubuntu. It should be fine.

okay, good. I'll be getting that monitor and keyboard/mouse soon! :D thanks!

Should I get a graphics card??

Under $70 if you have a recommendation... I was thinking Nvidia GeForce 9400... any good with Ubuntu??

Oh, and I was wondering -- would I be good with only 2GB DDR2 RAM if I won't be playing any hardcore games?

Back
Top Bottom