My annual review is this Wednesday!

Hey guys, I just gat home.

Well the review was good :) Hey I didn't get fired lol. I was somewhat nervous, but was constantly nodding my head and always kept the eye contact. My manager was there, but really didn't say much, even though he knew I did a good job this season (he told me afterward that boss already had a talk with him). Seeing how 2 workers with higher positions and almost X2 more salary then me were let go 2 days ago, I really didn't expect much. At the end he offered me a small hourly raise, which was ok I guess. I told him about all the extra hours I spend working during the holiday season and that I'm interested in growing within the company….etc , and asked him for a set based salary. The amount I asked for would almost equal to the same amount I earned this year with a hourly salary, but as a normal employee he don't count the overtime when trying to determine how much a year I earn. I told him that I gat the info from my W2 form and he sad he will talk to the Corporate Controller next week and that is when I will know what I will get. I truly believe I deserve X4 more then what he is offering, but as any company these days we are losing money and for now I guess I will have to roll with it.

Thanks for the support guys.

Hey, Zer0, glad to hear it went well.

You definitely deserve to be paid a lot more than what you are now. People you train getting paid more than you? That is ridiculous.

You probably won't get the salary you deserve because of the economy, but I did some thinking.

If the wages across the board in the company were re-figured, then wouldn't that save the company money in the long run? For example, lower the wages of those people a little, and give you a little extra? Given that would make some employees mad and cause some of them to quit, and that could be bad because the company may need these people.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned, does your company have competitive wages? If so, yeah, you may have had to train these people, but if they had experience outside of your company (more years of experience than you do with any CS position), then they will get higher wages more than likely. Unfair, I think, but that's how a lot of the world is. And if you had to train them, I doubt that had that kind of experience, but you never know.

My post seems kinda like a rant, so sorry about that, lol.

I hope everything goes well in the future for you!

Back
Top Bottom