My $40 Rig: "1GHz of Fury"

:confused: Are you serious on this one? The difference is 20MHz. It's not going to get any bit hotter between 1000MHz and 1020MHz... P3's could get away with a heatsink without a fan. If you're worried about heat, get some case fans.

I have an 80mm case fan in back, and two 40s in the front. The heatsink (i think) is inadequate for the processor, that, and Coppermine cores can't go much past 1GHz and be stable while they do it. I need to get a tualatin, since it appears that my slotket will work with one (people have done it with that one before).

As for the cooler that *someone* posted, that is a slot-1 cooler, I need a *big* socket 370 cooler.

I have an 80mm case fan in back, and two 40s in the front. The heatsink (i think) is inadequate for the processor, that, and Coppermine cores can't go much past 1GHz and be stable while they do it. I need to get a tualatin, since it appears that my slotket will work with one (people have done it with that one before).

As for the cooler that *someone* posted, that is a slot-1 cooler, I need a *big* socket 370 cooler.

i know it sounds crazy a socket 370 cooler is hard to come by you could always try a socket a cooler (462) as those are almost the same clips as a 370 cooler i know alot of them are universal

Back
Top Bottom