my 3800 x2 temp and keeping it stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis18

Banned
Recently I put arctic silver 5 on and I was able to overclock to 2.8 ghz (probably couldve before) but I learn more and more everytime I read about it. Anyways, I got arctic silver, and a zalman 7000 cu led heatsink. I idle at 35c at 2.8 ghz (1.57vcore) but its not stable cause cs freezes very fast after loading. I want to know if i buy a new heatsink (cps9500, big typhoon, or the scythe ninja, would it lower my idle temp? I dont think it would, But im not sure, so thats my main question, If i upgraded, would i get a lower idle temp + be stable? Thanks guys.

clearly its not the idle temp thats killing you, otherwise you would never boot. my guess is you have probably gone far past your stable point. prime95 is a good way to test stability. if you can't run that for 8 hours+ (one on each core) then you're not stable. can't really say whether or not a new HSF would make you stable but it can't hurt.

p.s. your pictures in your sig are too large. the forum guidlines for sigs (468x120 i think) applies to all images in your sig. they must total 468x120

well i run mine @2.7 prime stable on both cores for 10 hours.. but i cannot keep it stable at 2.8..and i have a cpns9500 and my temp is 43under load on both cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom