music downloading

passiontorun

Baseband Member
What music downloading service do you have/suggest? I just bought a new laptop and want to get the safest one possible!

passiontorun said:
I just bought a new laptop and want to get the safest one possible!

paid subscriptions to Itunes, and other paid music downloading programs will be the safest..

All other you run the risk of getting infections, incomplete music and time wasting.. Not to mention you may download copywrighted material.
As for those. WinMX is my favorite, other wise Ares

Well if you want safety, then i would definately go for paid services such as iTune, and if you don't want to be infected with spyware/adware, definately don't go for P2P sharing programs such as Kazaa or Limewire, although i use Limewire [Kazaa is already filled with adware/spyware when you download it].

if you like kazaa though, look for kazaa lite, but watch out for fakes... anybody trying to charge you something is a fake
I'd probably reccomend napster, they seem have pretty good prices

im looking for the safest free one...ive heard limewire from many...bearshare has also come up, but idk if bearshare is still free...u know of any good free ones...im not familiar with ares

I think that bearshare has spyware in it. I have also heard that limewire does aswell.
www.winmx.com is a nice one and it has no spyware, a little bit harder to use though.

Limewire is fiarily safe. Only times i've had problems with it is when I attempted to DL SIM CITY 3000 I got a trojan. But with music you should be safe. Just get a free anti-virus software, and spydocotor.

yeah you should be good with limewire no spyware woot woot. Bearshare isn't as good in my opinion just because it comes with spyware bundled and the interface isn't as good.

Back
Top Bottom