Multiple viruses on computer

My anti-virus found multiple viruses on my computer, and automatically deleted Internet Explorer as it could not repair the file. However, now that I've reinstalled it, it will only open the home page, then when I try to go to another page, the window "flickers" and won't go to any other page.

Also, there is a virus which has affected files I did not even know existed, such as XRBOT.EXE, VR.EXE and L.EXE. These three have been infected multiple times by the same virus, which is W32/IRCBot-based!Maximus. I do not know what these files are or what their purpose is so I do not know how to fix the problem as the anti-virus says it cannot disinfect them.

Also, I tried to do a system restore, and it just keeps saying Unable to restore computer, no matter what date I select.

Ummm, if you have a lot of viruses on you're system then you might want to do a FFR which is a Full Format and Recovery on the system. I don't think I would rely on all 3RD party software to remove it. Format the drive and re-install your Windows version.

Back
Top Bottom