Multiple PC Remote Desktop

malbiar1

Solid State Member
I have 3 computers at home which I can connect to remotely. However, I would like to connect directly to one of them, instead of connecting to one and then remotely connecting from there to another computer on my netork. I was told to open another port, which I did, but it didn't work. Can someone assist me with this please? :confused:

Was I suppose to click on the link you posted? I did but page could not be displayed?? Thanks!

there is no way unless you have multi external IPs and your firewall can make static nats.

You could change the RDP port on each computer and map each port.

or you can setup port triggering on your firewall and asign a port for each PC and have it trigger the internal ip and the correwct port

"You could change the RDP port on each computer and map each port.

or you can setup port triggering on your firewall and asign a port for each PC and have it trigger the internal ip and the correct port"

Can you explain both steps please? I already changed the port on that particular computer and though I configured my wireless router, but I'm trying to connect from work right now and it's not working??? Maybe I'm missing a step or something??? Thanks! :confused:

port triggering is a function of your router.

Addresses
WAN 199.1.1.1
PC1 10.10.10.1:3389
PC2 10.10.10.2:3389
PC3 10.10.10.3:3389

on your router you configure
PC1 with a port trigger (external) of 1001 to trigger (internal) 3389
PC2 with a port trigger (external) of 1002 to trigger (internal) 3389
PC3 with a port trigger (external) of 1003 to trigger (internal) 3389

if you want to goto pc 1 you would type 199.1.1.1:1001 and the router will foward the ports for you

You could also change the port RDP listens on, on each computer ie. PC 1 3389, PC 2 3390, PC 3 3391, when you remote desktop into it simply type: (port number) after your ip address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx: port # you do this in the registry here's an article on how to change it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306759/
then you open and direct each specific port to the corresponding PC

Back
Top Bottom