multiple mice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0

In Runtime
is it possible to run 2 mice on windows xp pro? i want to be able to game and still have a cursor on my 2nd monitor. Is this possible?

I highly doubt you'd even come close to getting that to work......the only suggestion is to buy one of those little things that's used to hook up two computers with...where cables for the monitor, keyboard, and mouse are able to come from to computers....meat into one box...and from there you plug in your actual mouse, keyboard and single monitor.......by using a combination of keys on the keyboard it switches computers........you might be able to put both monitor cables on each of your graphic card outputs, set in the control panel to have the '2nd monitor' enabled.....so when you do the switch over command it basically just goes to your 2nd monitor instead which is technically using a single monitor still....but then you'd have to have your other mouse in the 2nd mouse part of the little switch box, go to a 2nd method USB port........

I'm confused just trying to explain that so no doubt you won't get what I'm saying :p

Basically, simply put I don't believe that'll be happening.

even if you did manage to get that working, every time you would click on the other monitor, it would minimise the game.

Nubius said:
I highly doubt you'd even come close to getting that to work......the only suggestion is to buy one of those little things that's used to hook up two computers with...where cables for the monitor, keyboard, and mouse are able to come from to computers....meat into one box...and from there you plug in your actual mouse, keyboard and single monitor.......by using a combination of keys on the keyboard it switches computers........you might be able to put both monitor cables on each of your graphic card outputs, set in the control panel to have the '2nd monitor' enabled.....so when you do the switch over command it basically just goes to your 2nd monitor instead which is technically using a single monitor still....but then you'd have to have your other mouse in the 2nd mouse part of the little switch box, go to a 2nd method USB port........

I'm confused just trying to explain that so no doubt you won't get what I'm saying :p

Basically, simply put I don't believe that'll be happening.

Yeah, a KVM switch. I have one, they're really for using 2 computers with one keyboard, mouse, and monitor. I doubt it would do what you want.

i remember with the macs we had in our school we could plug our mouse to someone elses keyboard usb and control their cursor hehe, but i dont know if it would work with windows

You can't have two cursors going at once in Windows. However, it's easy to have two mice hooked up at once. It's as simple as just connecting them up. They will respond, but only one will work at a time, due to the basic functionality of the cursor.

For this situation, though, this is not what you want. Aside from just having a seperate computer, what you can do is force your game to run as in a window. Then you could just pan your cursor over from one screen to the next. It's cloogy, but works.

If all else fails, you could just use ALT-TAB to switch between apps. If that's not good enough, then you need to figure out what your priorities are. Playing the game, or messing around with other crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom