Multiple keyboard keys held at once are not working

Tangyman77

Beta member
So recently I got a new Red Dragon k503 Keyboard and up until this point it has worked perfectly. However a couple of hours ago I noticed while playing a game that if I held down the S key, the A key, and the 4 on the top of my keyboard all at the same time then the S and A register but the 4 doesn't. This is weird because if I hold down anything other than S and A (for example W and Q) and then I press the 4 key it works completely normal. I also tried holding the S and A key and then pressing another number but all numbers work fine, it only happen with the 4. I understand this is a strange problem and it wouldn't really be an issue if the keys were something like J and H but unfortunately it gets in the way with a lot of the games that I play. I've researched if maybe this is a common problem but sadly nothing pops up, which leads me to believe that this issue does not happen often. If anyone could give me some advice on how to fix it that would be great! Also if anyone has anymore questions feel free to reply and I'll try my best to answer them as well as possible.

I checked and it's still an issue. I held down W and Q and then I pressed 4 and it worked. But then I held down S and A and then I pressed 4 and the 4 key did not light up.

Also I found out that if I combine the S key with any key not just A and then I press 4 it doesnt work. What's strange is all of the other numbers are registering. Very weird.

Sounds like ghosting then. Not really a software solution, other than rebinding the keys. You'd have to get a different keyboard, possibly one that advertises against ghosting.

Yes I tried pressing S and 4 at the same time and it works fine, it only happens when I press S plus another random key, and then 4. It's so annoying because if this was something like the J key it wouldn't even be noticeable but of course it had to be one of the 4 keys you use all the time in video games. I have come to the decision that I'm going to return it now and switch it for a better one. The only reason I bought this one in the first place was because up until this point I've been using a mechanical red dragon keyboard that is very loud. This gets in the way when I'm talking to people online or recording videos. Does anyone have any recommendations on silent gaming keyboard that are from reliable brands? It would really help a lot.

Yes I tried pressing S and 4 at the same time and it works fine, it only happens when I press S plus another random key, and then 4. It's so annoying because if this was something like the J key it wouldn't even be noticeable but of course it had to be one of the 4 keys you use all the time in video games. I have come to the decision that I'm going to return it now and switch it for a better one. The only reason I bought this one in the first place was because up until this point I've been using a mechanical red dragon keyboard that is very loud. This gets in the way when I'm talking to people online or recording videos. Does anyone have any recommendations on silent gaming keyboard that are from reliable brands? It would really help a lot.
If you want to stick with mechanical, just get some dampener o-rings. I have a set on my mechanical keyboard at work, and I don't get any complaints.

I don't get much for complaints at home, with my non-dampened mech kb if I play games tho either lol.

Back
Top Bottom