MultiCam NVR to TV

etmccarthy13

Baseband Member
IF this is not in the right forum then feel free to move me

I have a 24 Geovision IP cameras connected to a Geovision NVR... WE are wanting to display the camera feed into 3 different offices on HD TV's

What do you think my best options are?

You would need something to pick up the IP like a smart tv with internet or a pc that you can network an intranet with within your business's private network

I recently setup a IP Camera system for my apartment building, my best suggestion to you would be to use a normal PC. If you can find an old PC sitting around thats not doing much, hook it up to a computer monitor/TV and your set.

It is also possible to do like Joe C said, using a Smart TV, however be careful as not all Smart TVs support it. If your looking for a cheaper alternative, I would say order a few raspberry pis and hook them up to HDMI monitors. You could probably run Zoneminder on one of them (it would act as the Zoneminder server) and use that to display the live feeds. I personally use Zoneminder, its a pretty nice program.

Raspberry Pi Mini-computer: Raspberry Pi
Zoneminder: ZoneMinder - ZoneMinder: Linux Home CCTV and Video Camera Security with Motion Detection

is that raspberry pi java capable??? For web based viewing it would need to be...

I didnt think this would be as difficult as it is.. These camera companies need to make a device that just plugs into your tv

is that raspberry pi java capable??? For web based viewing it would need to be...

I didn't think this would be as difficult as it is.. These camera companies need to make a device that just plugs into your tv
Unfortunately it does not work that way. If there is a wireless streaming device compatible with the GeoVision DVR and an HD tv, I'm not aware of it.

If you are unfamiliar with using Linux, there is a learning curve but it can be done. (use ZoneMinder software on the Raspberry Pi)

Going with windows might be easier for you, but you'll still need to connect a pc and the windows software from GeoVision to use on the tv. If the offices do not have an ethernet line you'll also have to go power line, wireless or run cables to the offices. Your pc's will also need to run a resolution compatible for the HD tv's

Last edited:
Yea i dont know sh** about Linux and dont have the time to learn it right now.... I may just get a thin client and create a RDP user/group for the camera system.. That way (if they wanted) the owners could access the whole system.

Yea i dont know sh** about Linux and dont have the time to learn it right now.... I may just get a thin client and create a RDP user/group for the camera system.. That way (if they wanted) the owners could access the whole system.
You probably don't need to use RDP, the DVR should be set up with an IP address (you should be able to set up an IP address within the GeoVision program) Then all you need to do is use the IP address to access from anywhere. I recently set up 5 cams in a home and they have an intranet IP addy to use from within their private network and an internet IP addy to use when they are away from home.
The intranet addy uses the routers address (10.0.0.99) and the internet addy is something like 12.345.67.89:80

yea i got it setup on a public ip and forwarded but Geovision doesnt have a basic application ... Its either the full blown server version , web access or mobile.... I was hoping for a view only version for PC but it looks like i might have to RDP cause if you shut off monitoring on the PC then it will shut off monitoring on the Server.. Id brick a PC in 2 mins if it recorded to the PC

I could just give the web address and say " here this is all you get, Live with it"

You didn't post the model NVR your using but the GeoVision web site does show that some NVR's can hold up to four hard drives for recording. I worked on a Speco system and replaced a dead 250 gb drive with a WD 1 tb purple drive, You shouldn't need to record on the pc if you have an NVR with recording capabilities.
Have you read all the manuals for your particular model NVR? you can get them and several different software apps from Geovision
GeoVision Inc. - Megapixel IP Network Camera, NVR, DVR, Access Control and LPR/ANPR professional provider
I had to download all the manuals and read a ton of crap when I took over this Speco system from another company. (they stated it was 5 yrs old and needed to replace it for $4k because it was no longer compatible with Internet Explorer 11)) Speco was very nice to help me when I had some questions via email and provided me with a software to use that works with Windows 7 and IE 11. so contacting Geovision might help too

Back
Top Bottom