multi meter + scrambled brains = zombie food

SOULphIRE, I agree 100% on the positives of the metric system. i was a happy camper when i was told that the USA would be switching to it by the time i graduated high school (1975). but it still hasn't happened. the auto industry is SLOWLY making changes, but i still have to bring metric and American fractional wrenches to the car when i have to work on it. which reminds me a lot of my old Triumph. only i have to bring Whitworth, British standard and American tools to work on it!

@S0UL

I agree with most of it except for the date, and partially for the temp. IMO Fahrenheight is better for "humans" with the outside air and such - for everything else, Celcius is better I agree.

The calendar one always gets me tho... I kinda think it makes more sense the way we do it, since you're going in size order.
M = [1, 12]
D = [1, 31]
Y = (-inf, inf)

You do it in "component" order:
D = comprised inside of M
M = comprised inside of Y
Y = top order

@S0UL
The calendar one always gets me tho... I kinda think it makes more sense the way we do it, since you're going in size order.

Temperature I don't mind either way (I'd even be happy with kelvins lol) but the date one...my god it irritates me so much :p
Days fit into Months fit into Years. When talking about measuring time, I'd think that the amount of time described is the important factor, not how many arbitrary units you've decided to break each category into.
This one especially irritates me as a lot of software produced in the US is completely out of whack with the rest of the world, meaning we get lots of stuff breaking because all our dates are "wrong".
I mean, if there were 70 minutes in the hour instead of 60, would you write the time as 12:01:67? (i.e. hours/seconds/minutes)

Temperature I don't mind either way (I'd even be happy with kelvins lol) but the date one...my god it irritates me so much :p
Days fit into Months fit into Years. When talking about measuring time, I'd think that the amount of time described is the important factor, not how many arbitrary units you've decided to break each category into.
This one especially irritates me as a lot of software produced in the US is completely out of whack with the rest of the world, meaning we get lots of stuff breaking because all our dates are "wrong".
Then that's crappily designed software :p. Should be using globalized / cultured times to do time stuff.

I mean, if there were 70 minutes in the hour instead of 60, would you write the time as 12:01:67? (i.e. hours/seconds/minutes)

:p

Back
Top Bottom