Mucho Importante! Please Read And Reply Pros! Tytyty Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbutt

Banned
i really need you guys to help out with this. thank you so much. alrighty, so i know ive posted alot about my comp, but my dad "needs this information on paper" before i can make the purchase. He is really obsessed with septumly checking everything, since the last comp we bought for $350 we later found was non- upgradeable. But i know alot more than i did then.
I've told him the answers to alot of this stuff, but of corse, he doesn't believe me
He wants to be able to do alot of "computer/visual art" stuff, and he needs to see what people say about it.
i explained about how we are buying a new comp for a grand isnt goinna have all the elite best stuff possible, but its still great stuff
ALRIGHT, so the things i need from YOU guys, if you'd be so kind:

1-comp goinna be able to handle VISUAL ART (like photo shop) for at least a few years

2-comp goinna be capeible of video editing and photo editing for at least a few years

3-graphics graphics graphics capability

4-top photoshop software & which is easiest to use

5-transfer VHS tapes to dvd and burn media onto cds and dvds

6-expandibility of computer

7- lastly, he has some wierd notion that maybe people on forums are paid by companies to promote their product, so if you could please post your computer experience, like how long uve work with computers, your job, whatnot

CASE: TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display
CD2: (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
CASUPGRADE: 12" COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT
CPU: (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 6in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE
HDD: Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache
KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD
MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse
MOTHERBOARD: (939-pin Socket) Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Chipset MB w/ LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO
MEMORY: 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value RAM)
MODEM: PCI 56K V.92 FAX MODEM W/ VOICE
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2
POWERSUPPLY: THERMALTAKE 480WATT POWER SUPPLY
SOUND: ESS 3D WAVETABLE SOUND PCI
SPEAKERS: 600WATT PMPO SUBWOOFER STEREO SPEAKERS
VIDEO: NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD-- Leadtek
_PRICE: (+1077)

please be thurrow (sp?) and clear, as my dad is completely computer illiterate
also please touch basis on 1-7 and dont give responces as "6600GT is ___ cores than the ___pipes on the 6800GT" cuz that will go right out the window on him
also please dont mention OC cuz he doesnt know what that is and will flip

ceep this mother clean, imma print it and hand it over to him
and once again. thanks for reading it all and replying, all this is much appriciated and wont be forgotten when i randomly distribute millions of dollars over cities in my personal blimp
TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!!!:) :eek: ;)

Looks good to me, but I've got a few suggestions. First I'd like to say that socket 939 is upgradeable, definitely. Make sure it is socket 939.

Motherboard... I might choose to go with the DFI Lanparty if you want something that'll handle everything well for quite some time. You might want to up the processor a tad if you can afford it. Get either a Venice core or a San Diego core, and if you find a processor where you must choose, pick San Diego (I don't think that will happen). Might I suggest the 3200+ with the Venice core?

Looks good for the most part though. I'd wait on the graphics card if you can though. The new series comes out in about a month or two.

Might want to check around, but for what you'll be using it for, Pentium MIGHT be better to go with. If he isn't gaming a bunch, you should at least look into it.

As for my personal experience. I am going to college for a major in Computer Engineering and a minor in Physics. I built my system that you see below in my sig, and other than a few minor problems, everything worked fine. As for getting paid to post stuff like this... I wish.

Good luck with your computer!

thanks for the great reply, touched down on pretty much everything! ty, look forward to lots more, more there are... better chance of getting comp =)

***EVERYONE, sorry i didnt say this. This is my Gaming PC but he will be using once he gets the hang of comps, he just needs HIS specs good to let ME get it (yes me, my money, my w/e parents are parents)***

Okay, lets start with name and experience.

My name is Tanner Brian Wetzel. I have had no job related experiences with computers. However, I ddi take an advanced college course during high school on computer tech and repair, and I am A+ Certified (Certified for computer hardware and operating system basics).

I've built one computer from scratch, and worked on atleast 25 others, mostly maintence and cleaning. I also do alot of computer research, and on June 28th I leave for the amry, where I'll be taught how to work on computers, program, and design hardware.

If I was payed to sponser hard ware, I'd be in massive trouble.

1. You'll be fine with visual art for quite sometime. Static image work requires only minimal system ability. This system will easily handle these takes for quite a few years.

2. Video Editting. Again, this requires very little power over the normal *though more then static images). This system should handle these programs and tasks fine, due to the large amount of RAM available to your system. RAM is hardware that stores data for quick transfer, and the 1 GB (1024 Megabytes) you have are perfect for this task.

3. The graphics this computer can handle will be spectacuular. However it might be wise to upgrade in a year or so when the new generations of graphics cards come out. Though not a necessity, it will allow practically the same visuals (barring games), but with less stress on the graphics card.

4. My apologizes, I cannot help you with this.

5. You will need specialized hardware for this. Again, I cannot help you.

6. The expandability of this computer is great. It has the newest ports, sockets, and such on it: newer components will be built and be compatible with the system for a long period of time. However, perhaps I would suggest switching the brand of the motherboard to DFI. Same model, just different manufactorer. Just preference however.

7. Again, I am not payed sir. I am too young, and the Army would discharge me for such a thing.

I hope I have been of some service.

Looks like a great comp with lots of room to expand and upgrade. I would also suggest looking into a DFI motherboard, but also consider an intel, as they are better for things like photoshop and video editing. on that note i would suggest looking at ati's all in wonder series, so you can easily input and record videos to your comp for editing. someone suggested getting an agp card, not sure why, but definately go with pci express.

as for experience, I have no professional job expereince related to this, as I am just turning 18. I started taking apart computers around 6th grade, by 7th grade built my first comp from scratch, as of now I have built 6 computers, from budged pc's to overclocked water cooled gaming rigs. (a small side business just getting started). I am also an administrator at my school for a small supercomputer we built (linux cluster with 12 nodes running parallel programming) that i use to render 3d animations and images.

Background Check:
-18 years old
-Working with computers nearly daily for about 13 years
-Home Depot Associate (part time)
-PC Video Editor at a small video studio (part time)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The computer that you posted is solid and should last you a while. However, I would go with the 3200+ Venice core as it does not cost very much more and will come in handy.

I video edit professionally (even if I can never remember how to spell it) and I'm going to have to disagree with FadingTheory. Video Editing is VERY intensive on system power. I suppose if you don't mind waiting 15 seconds for each tiny little change you make to appear, then you'd be fine with a Pentium III. Oh yea, and then you would be waiting for like 4 hours for even simpler projects to render. The 3000+ that you chose or anything higher should be fine though. I recommend the 3200+ though, keeping cost in mind.

Those speakers....HOLY CRAP 600WATTS!!! And they only cost $6 WOOT!!! I hope that's all you're paying for them because thats what I found them for here: http://www.buyxg.com/store/item.asp?id=562&catid=107 . I hope you know they are not going to be that great either, just basic crappy computer speakers. That is by far the worst over-rating I've ever seen. If you want help picking a nice sound system, post in the multimedia/audio section of the forum.

thanks all for the great replys!

couple things to keep in mind from ehre on out...
the DFI Lanparty is not availible where i am buying my supplies
also the processor Core is Winchester up to 3500+

thanks for help, keep em coming, need at least 10 solid replys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom