msn virus

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
i thought that i had gotten rid of that pesky MSN virus a LOOOOOONG time ago but it appears to be back :(

a friend told me that they received a message from me saying something like...

"livelifexplore.com has a new update, check it out"
livelifexplore.com is an old site i used to have.

and another thing that is weird is every once in awhile i get a message from messenger saying that i "have been signed out of msn messenger because i signed in from another location"

does this sound familiar to anyone?
how can i check or get rid of this annoying virus?

thanks in advance :)
ps, using win7 64 bit and AVAST PRO antivirus

Try grabbing spybot / malwarebytes and run full scans with those in safe mode - they should get rid of anything nasty that's lurking there. Secondly I'd definitely recommend changing your password, just in case someone actually has got it and is using it... never hurts to be careful.

You got to change your password and this should fix your problem.

You might have just clicked on a link from MSN and it took your credentials somehow, they have been doing this for a little while now. There is nothing on your computer though, so no virus.

i thought that i had gotten rid of that pesky MSN virus a LOOOOOONG time ago but it appears to be back :(

a friend told me that they received a message from me saying something like...

"livelifexplore.com has a new update, check it out"
livelifexplore.com is an old site i used to have.

and another thing that is weird is every once in awhile i get a message from messenger saying that i "have been signed out of msn messenger because i signed in from another location"

does this sound familiar to anyone?
how can i check or get rid of this annoying virus?

thanks in advance :)
ps, using win7 64 bit and AVAST PRO antivirus

Do as berry120 states in his post.

Back
Top Bottom