MSN Question

browserjoe

In Runtime
Alright, my MSN has a prob...

Whenever I boot up my comp, and I get to the desktop screen, it always shows up and I have to close it... is there anyway I can get it to not pop up when i get to my desktop?

During installation, msn was added to your start-up menu.
One way to stop it running when booting is to click Start and then click run. In the command box, type “msconfig” without quotes.
The system configuration window opens and you need to click the last tab at the top called startup. Look for the msn entry in the list of startup programmes and uncheck its box. Click the button called “apply” at the bottom of the window. A dialog box then appears asking you to either restart your computer or exit without restart. The choice is yours. When you do reboot another window will appear informing you that changes have been made to the startup menu, just check the box that says do not show again. msn will no longer start when you boot.

browserjoe said:
Alright, my MSN has a prob...

Whenever I boot up my comp, and I get to the desktop screen, it always shows up and I have to close it... is there anyway I can get it to not pop up when i get to my desktop?
if you sign into messenger then goto FILE, TOOLS ,GENERAL, now un check the top box in the menu AUTOMATICALLY RUN MESSENGER WHEN I LOG ONTO WINDOWS that should do it :)

Back
Top Bottom