MSI K9NGM3 or ABIT AN-M2 HD?

umm TBH i wouldnt go with any of them mainly coz im biass to ASUS

the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe its around the same price in the uk not sure bout us though,

umm TBH i wouldnt go with any of them mainly coz im biass to ASUS

the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe its around the same price in the uk not sure bout us though,

I'm also a big fan of ASUS and have always favoured their motherboards. However, i can't go for them this time; i'm out to build a SFF system using a microATX board (the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe is an ATX board). For some reason, unlike Abit, Gigabyte, MSI, Biostar and a few more, ASUS are yet to produce a MicroATX board with nVidia GeForce 7 series graphics, which is what i'm after.

With this in mind, i am still unsure between 7050 PV/nForce 630a and GeForce 7025/nForce 630a boards, with the former pretty much only supporting HDMI and nothing more, which is something i don't know whether i'll use or not. (For those further interested see: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_tech_specs.html). However, i don't see that there's a great difference in price so it's a no brainer.

What CPU would be good to use with these boards for general use; film watching and music listening? I'm not likely to be doing any gaming at all with this computer, hence opting for a low-end GPU, so i was thinking a 3800+ X2? I'm really not good with predicting how powerful a CPU i need and am always worried i'll find an incompatible one. What RAM do you suggest too? I was considering 1GB of PC6400 value RAM would do it?

Back
Top Bottom