msi k8n neo4

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome, i'll wait for the results

hopefully, the x16 card SHOULD go into the x4 slot . . . i saw it in a review at THG

oh i forgot, ONE MORE QUESTION

i see that you have the XP120, how is that working out with the Neo4? how many RAM DIMMs does it bloack?

Ok ive tried it in the 4x port and my scored dropped to 19000 so the port was definatly bottlenecking the speed but it wasnt too much, but i dont think it would be worth running a sli config with it imo. the xp120 is a great cooler as im sitting here my cpu temp is at a constant 28C only problem is it DOES block the 1st ram slot, the green one. I think this is stopping me running dual channel i think but i havent looked into how to set it up yet cos the booklet with the mobo has no info at all but it does say that u have to fill the green slots 1st which obviously u cant so i dont know atm. My case is the sunbeam transformer case

http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/IMAGE/transformer.jpg

its really good 2 spaces for 120mm fans, 3 spaces for 80mm fans and te side window looks really good with my 2 neons in it. hope that answers all ur questions.

in regards to running dual channel look at page 2-8 in the manual :)

dual channel needs to be run in DIMM1/2 and/or in DIMM3/4

i wonder what FPS you get in games concerning x16 and x4 . . . because after all, regarding AGP, you dont get much benefir from 4x or 8x . . .

ok i thought u had to have it in both in green or both in purple for dual channel. Ive got mine in dimm3 and dimm4 and cuz is picking it up as dual channel so im happy. Im not sure about the fps in games yet cos the only game ive put on so far in NFSU2 and i havent got doom3 or farcry but im gettin them soon i think. but i think that the 6600gt is using more than the 4x speed but i dont think its using as much as 8x agp tbh. but pci-e cards are cheaper than the agp counterpart so that saving i put to the motherboard which has given me the chance to uppgrade it later on this year. i think the rest of my system will be ok for a good 2years.

Wat i was tryin to find out though is about overclocking my cpu. i did it with my old 2600xp but with this chip the fsb is already at 200 which is matchin my ram. Now i can up my cpu fsb no problem but ive read something about there being no point havin a higher fsb in the cpu than the ram becuase the cpu is always waiting for the ram and that canhave a negative effect. so i wanna up the speed off my ram aswel but i dont know how to do this? ive looked in the bios and can see options for 100 133 200 266 333 and 400 and its currently set to 400 so i dont know what else to look out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom