Ms word and excel problems

Derude

Beta member
Hey guys I've been having a ongoing issue where I work and it's driving me nuts, whenever u try and save on MS Word on certain workstations it freezes up and when I try to open ms excel it freezes on launch... I've tried everything I can think of but what I can tell you is saving it in safe mode still doesn't fix the issue and there's no add ons installed. I've also done a MS repair several times and resonating the PC doesn't seem to help.

Also something I find odd is the administrators account works perfectly fine but normal users accounts are the only ones with the issue.

So far I've only noticed it on 3 workstation on a network of up to 50 or so running on Windows 2008 server.

Check the application log in the event viewer see if you can paste in any error logs from that so we can more closely look at the problem. It should log every application crash as well as codes that can guide you in the direction of the problem.

Have you tried recreating the profiles on the computers that are having the issues, in case they've corrupted for some reason?

Backup their userfiles, login as Admin, delete the user account, have them re-login with their network login and let it recreate the profile.

Not sure what you mean when you say you've tried "resonating the PC"?

I ment to say reformatting, that's what you get for creating the topic on your cell phone. Ya but I haven't tried any of your suggestions I'll deff try it out and let you guys know what happens.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Removing the users account did work carnage, you have any idea what would cause this to happen after I did a fresh install?

Removing the users account did work carnage, you have any idea what would cause this to happen after I did a fresh install?

I'm guessing some other software or possibly a Windows update corrupted something in the users' profiles.

Happened on occasion with some things at my last job - we'd have to recreate profiles once in a while if Office repairs / reinstalls didn't work.

Glad to hear that recreating their profile worked for you though!

Ya thanks for the help just knowing that will help me allot..

Back
Top Bottom