MS tightens the cuffs. Have fun, Windows users. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/10/12/2240214.shtml

"TechWeb has posted an article regarding Vista's new license and how it allows you to only move it to another device once. How will this work for people who build their PCs? I have no intention of purchasing a new license every time I swap out motherboards. 'The first user of the software may reassign the license to another device one time. If you reassign the license, that other device becomes the "licensed device," reads the license for Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, and Business. In other words, once a retail copy of Vista is installed on a PC, it can be moved to another system only once. ... Elsewhere in the license, Microsoft forbids users from installing Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium in a virtual machine. "You may not use the software installed on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system," the legal language reads. Vista Ultimate and Vista Business, however, can be installed within a VM.'"

Overly Critical Guy points out more information about changes to Vista's EULA and the new usage restrictions. "For instance, Home Basic users can't copy ISOs to their hard drives, can't run in a virtualized environment, and can only share files and printers to a maximum of 5 network devices."

LOL can't copy ISOs. WTF?!?!
Sure am glad there is a free alternative, with much better results. :p

How is Windows Vista not a trial in-and-of-itself?

Off-Topic: Did you get a hair cut? :p Nice to see you with a real processor. :D

I don't plan on supporting Microsoft any time in the near future by buying their software. XP & Linux (and eventually OSX) are good enough for me.

The General said:
Off-Topic: Did you get a hair cut? :p Nice to see you with a real processor. :D

No, my hair is long actually. Perhaps the sun isn't baking my brain :p

JK.

I got paid today, so i bought myself a present. The computer was cheap. $370. And it does everything. No lagging at all. My celeron is actually sitting in my garage, collecting cobwebs. I might set it up for that new TF folding thing; assuming it can handle it.

WELL THAT SUX!!!!! As I am changing motherboard all the time to in order to repair some one's computer.
Not to mension the number of times that us computer geeks seem to be upgrading their hardware.

Can some one point me in the direction of starting to get Linux on my PC. I am not going to pay Micro$haft money every time I rotate my hardware around.

Like the only people i see this benifiting it the people that just purchase off the shelf PCs like your DELLS and COMPAQ and what ever.

"6SICK6..."

I dun TOLD yall that Mocrosoft is the devil... but din't nobody believe me!!!!!

And I take it that BILL GATES would also be against net neutrality..... :rolleyes:

Vista is coming, so the Antichrist will follow soon after.... :cool:

Harper said:
Can some one point me in the direction of starting to get Linux on my PC. I am not going to pay Micro$haft money every time I rotate my hardware around.
www.ubuntu.com
and
www.ubuntuforums.org

I am REALLY starting to hate Windows more and more.

I wish Apple would release OS X for PCs. :(

They need to stop worrying about selling their computers (which are almost PC clones now with x86 processors) and start selling the OS X operating system preloaded with all the drivers and stuff for PCs like Windows does. I think that eventually all these Windows users would start seeing how much Windows sucks and how OS X is a much better operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom