MS Support

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys,

I was talking to someone at MS support. I was tired of getting "not responding" issues with my pc's. She did a basic thing like shutoff MS things in msconfig. I asked her how do i know if that will stop the issues I was having? She did not answer. She said if I want further support I would have to pay $99. I told her I was not paying that. We went back and forth on whether i should pay or not.

She said if she could fix it i could get my money refunded and I asked if she couldnt then what. She responded I could still get my money back. I asked what is the catch? She said there is none. I would have my money refunded.

Have any of heard of such a thing?

thx

Are you sure you were actually dealing with someone from Microsoft? There are many companies out there that refer to themselves as MS support but they are actually independent companies that have no affiliation with MS.

Hi Guys,

I was talking to someone at MS support. I was tired of getting "not responding" issues with my pc's. She did a basic thing like shutoff MS things in msconfig. I asked her how do i know if that will stop the issues I was having? She did not answer. She said if I want further support I would have to pay $99. I told her I was not paying that. We went back and forth on whether i should pay or not.
Unless you have a retail copy of WIndows, MS doesn't have to help you. Even then, they're there to troubleshoot basic issues - for advanced help usually yes, you have to pay their higher tier support.

Unless you have a retail copy of WIndows, MS doesn't have to help you. Even then, they're there to troubleshoot basic issues - for advanced help usually yes, you have to pay their higher tier support.

I know that Carn, I am talking about getting my money of $99 back either way.

Are you sure you were actually dealing with someone from Microsoft? There are many companies out there that refer to themselves as MS support but they are actually independent companies that have no affiliation with MS.

I dialed the number of 1 (800) 642-7676

MS support will only take you so far. If it's a legit support number they will only resolve MS issues - if your PC is slow for any other reason they aren't going to help you much.

You will be much better served going to a local PC shop and getting it repaired. Spend your money locally.

MS support will only take you so far. If it's a legit support number they will only resolve MS issues - if your PC is slow for any other reason they aren't going to help you much.

You will be much better served going to a local PC shop and getting it repaired. Spend your money locally.

I agree with this 100%. Microsoft is less than helpful when it comes to troubleshooting third party issues. Most likely, your problem is being caused by other software that doesn't belong to Microsoft. Use us on here for help or call in somebody locally to assist.

Back
Top Bottom