MS Server 2003 Prob

infectedvisions

Beta member
I got this problem where I set up folder security policies but after a day or so the policies are no longer there. I'm running MS server 2003 with no noticible problems other than this. Purpose is for mapped network drives that are readable but not writable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have some 3rd party software on there that is changing back to its previous state.

No I dont believe it is that because. My other servers seem to do the same. Replication seems ok on all of them, and they have different configurations. Any other suggestions?

What all software do you have installed on them? I run windows server 2k3 on all my servers as well and have never experienced this problem

On top of the default server apps, compaq raid array Util, Symantec Antivirus, Cold Fusion, Veritas backup. Any chance it being something under GP.

No, I think it may be a setting in Veritas, I know some versions of that software do have a utility that sets back any changes made unless you save it. As far as i know there isnt anything in GP that would set it back. That and I could be wrong but Symantec might have something as well. Is it just antivirus or a suite

ive never had Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 10.1 give me this type of problem, look at Veritas

Back
Top Bottom