MS Remote Desktop vs PC Anywhere

MrBister

Beta member
I have aproxx 70 clients that are using PCanywhere for us to remotely support them, and I don't have any problems using it and it does everything I want it do to...which is great.

my problem is, I now have 1 client who doesn't wish to use PC anywhere as it creates a "hole" in there security. (no more than remote desktop imo).

Remote Desktop will work for me, but the problem with using remote desktop for me is that it doesn't have the capabilities that PCAW has, like file transfers and transfering clipboards, which are quite important for the type of suppport we are providing.

I have read on other forums of ways top tighten down the security for PCAW. one person had mentioned alowing only certain IP's to access the ports needed.....and I am assuming they are doing that through the firewall. aswell I think PCAW has encripted passwords if desired....correct?

We haven't needed to have strict password and security in the past as we only turn on PCAW when it is needed...not 24/7...but now I need to come up with facts on why PCAW is just as secure as remote desktop. anyone help me out here?

Bottomline......Is MS remote desktop more secure than PCAW and what can I do to beef up the security within PCAW to make my client feel more secure.

Thanks for your replies in advance

Chris

Back
Top Bottom