MS Edge and that 'cortana'

What I meant is that websites don't fully support edge. They have no idea what edge IS

They don't need to. Edge changed its engine to use W3C rendering standards. The days of websites having to hack around browser incompatibilities has pretty much gone away since MS is killing off IE, which used the proprietary Trident engine which didn't go by the W3C standards.

Yeah, really the only time I see web site incompatibilities with a browser are industry specific or internal pages. For instance, there is a Text-2-9-1-1 solution from Intrado that requires IE9. It works on Chrome, but the sound may not always function and strange things happen at random times if you're not using IE9.

Yeah, really the only time I see web site incompatibilities with a browser are industry specific or internal pages. For instance, there is a Text-2-9-1-1 solution from Intrado that requires IE9. It works on Chrome, but the sound may not always function and strange things happen at random times if you're not using IE9.

Same way with a lot of company sites; because they made IE their internal standard, and thus coded for a lot of IE's quirks.

This might also be a good spot to mention that Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) is a shell of Windows that doesn't come with the Microsoft Store, Cortana, or any of the other built-in bloat. I don't know that you can get it easily outside of an enterprise environment, though.

This might also be a good spot to mention that Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) is a shell of Windows that doesn't come with the Microsoft Store, Cortana, or any of the other built-in bloat. I don't know that you can get it easily outside of an enterprise environment, though.

It'd require Enterprise licensing, so no - not easy to get outside of an enterprise environment :p.

Back
Top Bottom