Mr.Robot (series 1, crap)

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Someone recommended watching that show on this forum, so I watched the whole series 1 last weekend and its crap... The beginning was good, about hacking/ SE (all realist), then it turned to sex, drugs and killing...

I dont know why the messed up a perfect beginning.. Its like a show for horny teenage boys with a curiosity for trying drugs for the first time.

Uh? SHow for horny teenagers? What kind of show were you watching lol. I didn't get that vibe at all. Yeah there's drug use in it...but it's a drama, and drug use is pretty common. It is actually him trying to manage his life with drugs and realizes that's not a good idea so he tries to quit cold turkey in one of the episodes.

I thought it was fantastic. Kept to real-life hacking techniques, and a pretty decent storyline. I had an idea of what was happening by the 2nd episode between Elliot and Mr. Robot, and the final episodes just confirmed that.

Can't wait for Season 2 honestly.

Yeah, I'm with Carnage on this. The show was great and, IMO, there's not much sex in it at all. Especially compared to some of the other top rated shows. The drug use has been there since day one. That's why there's a show. He's talking to us, who are a figment of his imagination. If it weren't for his head being screwed up, he wouldn't talk to us. In addition, he's quite brilliant. Quite true to life... many folks (not all) who are that smart also have mental issues and/or drug abuse issues.

Uh? SHow for horny teenagers? What kind of show were you watching lol. I didn't get that vibe at all. Yeah there's drug use in it...but it's a drama, and drug use is pretty common. It is actually him trying to manage his life with drugs and realizes that's not a good idea so he tries to quit cold turkey in one of the episodes.

I thought it was fantastic. Kept to real-life hacking techniques, and a pretty decent storyline. I had an idea of what was happening by the 2nd episode between Elliot and Mr. Robot, and the final episodes just confirmed that.

Can't wait for Season 2 honestly.

The hacking was realistic. but there was alot of sex for a "hacking" show... But I would not of watched it if I knew it would be a soap type show.. I wanted to see interesting hacks / SE tricks etc... not a druggy depressed guy who happens to be a good hacker... :cool:

Like I'd imagine more of a watchdogs, but without the fake smartphone "hack the city" device lol...

ALSO, I have to be honest, I dont watch shows "at all" so this got my attention when the word "hackers" was in it... I hate shows, I watch guides and learn all things IT.. so to me that was more sex and drugs then needed in a hackers show..

Maybe it because I dont watch shows, I feel this way.. but I see how people are messed up by watching so much TV now.. this will make people curious etc... (the weak minded)

Last edited:
It's not just a "hacking show". It's a drama that utilizes real-life hacking techniques.

An "educational" type show where they show how to hack wouldn't be put on TV because it wouldn't be watched by a large number of people, plus would be sketchy to put on TV b/c then you'd have a bunch of people going "LOL I CAN HACK YOUZ NOW!"

Not sure how you didn't realize it wasn't a drama after the first episode. And honestly...there wasn't much sex in the show at all... Drugs yes, but for reasons that MidnightShadow already stated.

It's not just a "hacking show". It's a drama that utilizes real-life hacking techniques.

An "educational" type show where they show how to hack wouldn't be put on TV because it wouldn't be watched by a large number of people, plus would be sketchy to put on TV b/c then you'd have a bunch of people going "LOL I CAN HACK YOUZ NOW!"

Not sure how you didn't realize it wasn't a drama after the first episode. And honestly...there wasn't much sex in the show at all... Drugs yes, but for reasons that MidnightShadow already stated.

Ok, that makes sense.. Lol, like I said I never watch shows or TV really.. So didn't know.

I guess because I'm use to the technical side of things, I expected it to be the same but on a TV show.. I watched the whole series thinking... "When is the technical **** going to start" :cool:

I'm on the technical side of things too mate...but I still enjoy the show ;).

Plus it's LEAGUES ahead of any other show on TV that portrays "hacking". Look at any other show, and they'll show people frantically mashing on the keyboard (and in the case of one CSI episode, had 2 people mashing on the keyboard to 'hack faster!!!!'), and within seconds they've broken into some secret government facility's super secure network.

Mr. Robot uses real tools (Kali linux is what they all use in Elliot's security firm), and real techniques such as social engineering.

I'm on the technical side of things too mate...but I still enjoy the show ;).

Plus it's LEAGUES ahead of any other show on TV that portrays "hacking". Look at any other show, and they'll show people frantically mashing on the keyboard (and in the case of one CSI episode, had 2 people mashing on the keyboard to 'hack faster!!!!'), and within seconds they've broken into some secret government facility's super secure network.

Mr. Robot uses real tools (Kali linux is what they all use in Elliot's security firm), and real techniques such as social engineering.

I watched it, because I liked that they use kali and SE (wanted to see a show like watchdogs game but without fake hacking tools) but it faded away very fast to become a "drama" as you call it. I think I'll keep away from these "dramas".

My wife watched it with me, and liked it so I should of known from then its BS :cool: lol

I was hoping its something I could relate to (which is was at first), but turns into entertainment for the "wider" audition as you say.

Anyways, I take back the crap! and say its not what I thought :cool:

Back
Top Bottom