MP3 Player suggestions

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Backstory, skip this paragraph if you guys don't want to read the story.
So it looks like my Zune died. At first it was working, but then the backlight went out again. Took it apart, put it back together. Works, but forgot a screw. Took it apart again, put in that screw, put it back together, and now it won't work. I was hoping it will work, but it doesn't. 2 years seem like a good run.

So now I need a new MP3 player. I want one that is...
8GB or higher
Under $100 (or more if you guys think it's actually worth it (but up to ~$150))
Display to show what I am listening to
Sound quality

I don't care about videos or pictures compatibility. Thanks.

EDIT - Cowon MP3 players have great sound quality right?
Because I'm really liking this Cowon iAudio 9. A bit from what I want to pay for, but if it's totally worth it, I will get it. Other MP3 players were Sony's and they were about $80-$100.

EDIT 2 - This Latte Espresso 16GB Touch Screen looks pretty cool. Though since it's $110, it's probably not that great in sound quality because of the touch and stuff.

Before everyone comes in saying 'iPod!!!!111!one!!11' I am gonna say to avoid them.

I have two and an iPhone, and they all have pretty awful sound quality. I have heard that Archos makes some pretty good ones, but I have never had a chance to actually listen to one of them.

I saw an Archos as BB, but I couldn't try it. I forgot why though, and that one was $300. The only other places I noticed that sells less expensive Archos are online retailers. Then again, I think this applies to Cowon too.

So far I have tried the 2nd Gen Ipod Nano (which crapped out on me in a month), and the Zune 8. I prefer the Zune over the Nano. I don't remember the sound quality on the Nano though. The only other MP3 players I have tried are the generic knockoffs you get in China.

IIRC, back then, people created similar threads, and most of them said to stay away from Ipods because of the bad sound quality compared to those within the price range.

iPods have the worst sound quality of pretty much any MP3 player on the market.

To put things into perspective, the Sansa clip sounds better.

The iRiver E100 sounds pretty awesome, compared to every other MP3 player I have heard.

The iRiver E100 seems to be same price as the Cowon iAudio 9. I haven't heard the sound quality on either, but I prefer the look of the Cowon.

The best MP3 Player
soundburger.jpg

LOL, I want one. Anyway, after a bit of research, I suggest you check out samsung's new MP3 players. The YP-P2 and -P3 touchscreen models were noted as having amazing clarity and awesome features.

http://www.xtreamgadgets.com/product.php?productid=151049 4GB, expandable

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=7067750 8GB, expandable

I like how they have stereo bluetooth built in.

P3 8GB expandable http://www.shopdigitalliving.com/_e..._YP_P3JCB_8GB_Flash_Portable_Media_Player.htm

My brother owns the Samsung P2. I didn't think it sounded as well as my Zune 8.

Hmmm.... interesting, as that review did not even mention a zune.

I can guarantee you that it doesn't sound as good as the Audio Technica Sound Burger though.

Maybe you should go to your local electronics stores and try out all their display MP3 players. This should at least give you some reference points when comparing them with online reviews.

The only place that have decent MP3 players is BB. I didn't like how most looked, and it seems to lack some features when comparing other MP3s. Most of BB's MP3 players seem to consist of Sony and Sandisk MP3 players. While places like Wal-Mart and Targe focuses on Zunes and Ipods.

The only thing ipods have goin for them is apps, there sound quality isnt to hot. I like to think Zunes are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom