MP3 Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaXB

Solid State Member
Just recently I upgraded my car stereo to a Pioneer Flip-Down Face that plays MP3/WMA's CD-R/W. And I just copied some of my collection onto a CD using nero. The Headunit reconizes the folders and music, but plays scratchly and jumps.

I was woundering is there a spiffy way to burn MP3 media onto a cd-r or just burn it at 2x and hope for the best.

P.S. Im using a TDK Burner and TDK Data Discs.

I would try a different brand of CD-Rs. It doesnt happen too often these days, but sometimes you come across a player/CD-R incompatibility.

If you play the CD-R in your computer, does it sound fine?

I also use Nero, and havent had problems making MP3 discs :confused:

Yea sounds perfect playing it on the pc. I think Ill try burning it really slow once and see what happens because its only the folders and files towards the end of the burn that sound crummy, the ones towards the beginning sound great almost 5.1 good on a stereo system :p

Elbatrop1 said:
I would try a different brand of CD-Rs. It doesnt happen too often these days, but sometimes you come across a player/CD-R incompatibility.

If you play the CD-R in your computer, does it sound fine?

I also use Nero, and havent had problems making MP3 discs :confused:

I will try this method, some car mp3 players play certain kind of cheap media this way. I been there, done that and switching media solved the problem

I've also had issues making mp3 cd with nero 7, but not nero 6

I use musicmatch to burn mp3 cd because they are the mp3 king

Well WMA burned fine using Imation CD-RW's burned at 4x. So I guess I just need to use them or try different methods with CD-R's. But the cd-r's I was playing mp3's from about 2 years old :S

Im using Nero Burning Rom 5, have been since it came out and no problems.

JoshuaXB said:
Well WMA burned fine using Imation CD-RW's burned at 4x. So I guess I just need to use them or try different methods with CD-R's. But the cd-r's I was playing mp3's from about 2 years old :S

Im using Nero Burning Rom 5, have been since it came out and no problems.

imation is what I use most of the time. what are your system specs?

lol you had to ask :(

Windows 2000 Advanced Server
350Mhz PII
15GB Maxtor HDD
512MB Ram
TDK(42x Max) CD Writter
Samsung(8x Max) CD Writter

Yes its an old beast but she runs. Im working on a new computer slowly, but bussing tables only gets you so much.

JoshuaXB said:
lol you had to ask :(

Windows 2000 Advanced Server
350Mhz PII
15GB Maxtor HDD
512MB Ram
TDK(42x Max) CD Writter
Samsung(8x Max) CD Writter

Yes its an old beast but she runs. Im working on a new computer slowly, but bussing tables only gets you so much.

a procesor that slow can't neccessarily write data right especially at a fast speed. you really need at least a 600 mhz processor. you might not have an issue with audio cd, but you will with mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom