Movies that have disappointed you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signs was a pretty epic disappointment IMO. The whole ideas of Aliens that are allergic to water traveling who knows how many light years to invade a planet that's surface is 70% water made no sense whatsoever.
not to mention the rain....lol.

Daybreakers.

It's fairly new so I won't go into much detail so I won't ruin it for people but it sucked.

Trailers made it out to be like full of action, there is like 1 "action scene" that is a couple minutes long and that's it.

Then about 70% to the end of the movie the story line just makes you go WTF?!

Uhm k..so they are sitting around and basically figure out that if the vampire caught out in sunlight then put out it brings them back to life as humans. Basically "jump starts" their heart. This part I was okay with..seemed kinda cool. But then more towards the end every starts turning human just for biting the vampires that turned human? Someone BARELY mentioned that the "cured" human blood will make them turn.......but they had already spent half the movie coming up with the other cure..now it just became irrelevant and they didn't even put into effort into explaining the new thing :\

Oh yea, and they give absolutely 0 back ground on what happened, how it happened, when it happened, etc to turn the whole world into vampires basically.

If the movie would of been 30-45 movies+ longer and they explained the beginning a lot more and then the "cured blood" bs at the end...and then maybe another action scene or two it would of been a great movie...but the movie I saw was horrible :(

I have watched Daybreakers since you made that post, and you see a bunch of signs/adverts like "how one bat started it all."

Could definitely have been longer, and more actioney though, I agree.

^^^ I think I noticed one of those signs..but it still didn't explain much. Like why couldn't they stop it from spreading? Why didn't they get rid of the bats? blah blah blah...I dunno. As I said before, if it was 30-40 minutes longer and explain more to it , it would of been a lot better.

^that what did it for me, im like, wow, this is all computer generated, its just amazing.

Well personally what impressed me about the CGI, was that at no point did I really think about it as CGI. Through the whole movie my mind basically accepted it as if I were looking at a real world. I couldn't find myself looking for the seams or noticing any flaws in the effects. It just looked real! What i find amazing is that 3D films have now gone past gimmick to legitimate cinema. It's so immersive and the way it was applied in Avatar really "pulls you into the world".

^ +1

Cloverfield
Michael Clayton
Meet the Spartans

Meet the Spartans? How could you be disappointed with a spoof lol. I have had absolute rock bottom expectations of every one since Scary Movie 2.

I generally go to see movies with high expectations, maybe I'm just spoiled :grin:

Surrogates
The Book of Eli (not so bad, but not as good as I thought it'd be. Wouldn't see it again)

I generally go to see movies with high expectations, maybe I'm just spoiled :grin:

Surrogates
The Book of Eli (not so bad, but not as good as I thought it'd be. Wouldn't see it again)

The Book of Eli could have DEFINITELY been better. The ending was horrible, that was pretty much the "screw up" for me in that movie. Other than that, great movie IMO.

My newest disappointment will probably be Legion, I watched part of it the other night, and fell asleep. I don't know if I was just tired, or the movie wasn't interesting. I'm going to give it another go tonight, and see what's up.

The Book of Eli could have DEFINITELY been better. The ending was horrible, that was pretty much the "screw up" for me in that movie. Other than that, great movie IMO.

My newest disappointment will probably be Legion, I watched part of it the other night, and fell asleep. I don't know if I was just tired, or the movie wasn't interesting. I'm going to give it another go tonight, and see what's up.
Yea the ending of Book of Eli was crappy
f05cb495983155f7bcea9b20381f74a9.gif
. I thought the chic was gonna go back and start a action sequence and avenge her mom or something of the sort...and it just ended...I'm like :wtf:.

surrogates I wanted to see that sooo bad and when I did I wrote a letter to Bruce Willis asking for my time back.

I don't get why people rag on signs because of the whole aliens are allergic to water issue so what we have travelled to the moon and are planning to travel to Mars while the moon has no atmosphere what so ever and the Martian atmosphere is toxic to us I don't see what much is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom