[MOVIES] Mad Max 4 finally getting the green light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
All revved up for Max&squo;s return | Herald Sun
All revved up for Max's return

MAD Max is revving up for a long-awaited return to the big screen, almost 25 years after Tina Turner ran Mel Gibson out of Bartertown.

Director George Miller is gearing up to shoot the fourth film in the ground-breaking Aussie road warrior franchise, industry sources say.

Scouting for locations is under way for the movie, which many thought would never get off the ground.

It could go into production later this year.

But it's highly unlikely Gibson will be asked to take his leathers out of mothballs to revisit the role that made him an international star.

Two years ago, Miller said he considered the Hollywood heavyweight too old to play the avenging road warrior.

"It won't be Mel. He was 21 when he made the first one, now he's a lot older and his passion is for film-making and directing," Miller said.

"I don't think he is into acting and I don't think he would be interested in being involved at all."

Miller suggested he was considering a new, young star.

Mad Max hit the big screen in 1979, launching Gibson to international stardom.

The budget movie depicts cop Max Rockatansky on the road to vengeance and oblivion after his police mate and family are killed by a vicious bikie gang.

Most of the car chase scenes were filmed near Geelong.

It was followed by Mad Max 2, (1981) and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome (1985).

News of Mad Max 4 marks a rise in the fortunes of the Australian film industry.

Considering that sitting at home watching the Mad Max Trilogy on a Saturday afternoon is IMHO an Australian Tradition, I am looking forward to this. It sux that Mel Gibson does not seem to be interested in this. However I am just glad that this movie might see the light of day after all.
Would be interesting to see if Bruce Spence returns as his role as Jedediah the Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom