Mouse cannot start

Shutle

Baseband Member
HI, I have a pentium celeron and I was having problems with my usb keyboard. By acivating it in the Bios it worked. The thing is my mouse has a problem to and it is a working mouse. When I go to check for the problem on my control panel it shows that the mouse is connected but it says: This device cannot start, code 10.
It is in a ps2 port. I am thinking it is a bios problem once again but I dont know how to fix it. I know that using the usb port may help but I havent tried yet

if you're using a USB port for your keyboard, you should have 2 ps/2 ports available for use. Perhaps you have your mouse connected in the keyboard ps/2 connector?

the reasons it show the device cannot start could be
1. the ps2 port on the mohterboard is bad..or
2. you got a bad mouse (but most part this is unlikely)
3. you got corrupted system files

The mouse ps2 port may be bad, but then how would my computer recognize it? If only someone knew what "This device cannot start, code 10" signifies. That is what it says when I go to check the hardware.
This is the situation: The mouse itself is functional, when I plug it in my computer it doesn't work although the computer recognizes it, it says "This device cannot start, code 10". Is the a way to know what code 10 signifies.

Sometimes you can resolve this by removing the device from device manager and going to add new hardware wizard in control panel.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success. Also the ps2 port is for the mouse and worked when I had windows me. After reseting the bios, installing Xp and installing a modem and soundcard I am having trouble with the mouse port and USB port. My usb keyboard works fine but only in one port. That is why i'm uncertain that a usb mouse wont work allong with a usb keyboard.
Right now my regular ps2 mouse isnt working on the perticular computer.

The mouse works, it is the ports that I'm having trouble with. For now only the keyboard works through usb. The second usb doesn't work and the ps2 mouse port doesn't work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
I'm using Windows XP on a pentium celeron.

For now I'm just hoping that I can use a ps2 keyboard and plug a mouse in the only working keyboard ps2 port.

Back
Top Bottom