Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
I was reading about motherboards lately, and i found it very amusing. Very few companies selling mobo like gigabyte, msi, ecs, nvidia, asus etc. That too different for AMD processors and intel. The only mobo which can run both types of CPUs is said to be manufactured by ECS. I had used nvidia graphic card some years back, the SLI thing GPUs concept. Not bad really, but nvidia manufactures mobo with three pci-express slots. I even had a intel mobo of my hp pc. And i checked selled on the internet were just the same rusty mobos. The gigabyte mobo are very colourful and full of good features. Then there is asus maximus which i also read about. AMDs have 4000 FSB capability, then does memory module of 3000 MHz is available somewhere? other then 800s, 1066s and 1333s??? Whats the DDR3 and crossfire/SLI ? Is it faster than normal pentium 4 functioning?

Exactly what is the point of this thread? All I see is a bunch of random thoughts with no meaning.

There is no one mobo that supports both Intel and AMD processors.

Nvidia does not manufacture mobo's they just sell the chip's.

Almost every mobo manufacturer produces a mobo with 3 pci-e slots, some have even more.

The 4000 FSB is actually the HyperTransport Speed and not the "actual" FSB that your use to dealing with. It has nothing to do with the speed of the memory.

No, you will not find 3000MHz memory modules. There are various types and speeds of memory.The most common types are DDR, DDR2 and DDR3. The most common speeds, in MHz, are 800, 1066, 1333, 1600 and 2000.

Crossfire is ATI's platform for a multi-gpu system. SLI is Nvidia's platform for a multi-gpu system.

Almost everything is faster than a normal Pentium 4.

phantom555 said:
The gigabyte mobo are very colourful and full of good features. Then there is asus maximus which i also read about.

What is it that you want to know?

1) Suppose i try to overclock my intel 3.06Ghz pentium prescott chipset with the software provided by gigabyte to 3.4Ghz and over. And my system got stuck and then i try restarting my pc. The system then perhaps would not boot so that i can restore my system to normal. Then whats the solution?
2) I had read about cooling mobo with liquid cooling. Some mobos come with colling pipes which circulate liquid through the heat sink perhaps? Hows that?
3) Why does it seems that listening music through wap with a mobile gives better quality sound than a mobo enhanced sound system? The 2.1 speaker systems come with capabilities like 24watts! But some speakers give sound output of 3000watts? Whats the difference? Whats the meaning of R.M.S.factor in sound quality?

1. Reset the bios by pulling the silver, coin-like battery out of the mobo when the PC is OFF and the power is UNPLUGGED
2. I don't know of any motherboards which come with wc pipes. Normal watercooling is just running water over the heatsinks instead of air. Better heat transfer.
3. I have no idea what you're talking about for the most part here :p but the last part (the RMS part) is to do with the power of the signal. RMS means 'root mean square' and it's the 'average' top power output if you will. The actual highest power point will be higher than the RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom