motherboard??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hey everyone im having a problem. My computer will not boot and will not put anything to the screen at all. The computer seems to be powering up, flashing lights but all I get is beeps from the motherboard. I think it might be the mother board as I have tried a diff power supply (had one sitting around), moved around the ram and tired with just one and none, disconnected all drives but just the same thing. Dose anyone have any idea's??

reset the jumpers on the motherboard. these are usually in the bottom right and corner. or remove the battery from the motherboard (easier to do if you dont know what i mean about the jumpers) and leave it out for something like 5 mins (not sure) then pop it back in and boot your pc

also have you tried a differnt monitor?

What type of motherboard? Does it have debug LED's? Do you have a videocard? Try re-seating that and checking that the expansion slot is not dirty.

still the same, kept the batt out 20min.

i dont know what those led's that you are on about are but yea i have a graphics card and have tried removing and cleaning it. what you guys think?

oyea and my motherboard should be shown below but incase not: Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 Athlon64/64 FX Socket-939

yea i did. the one i had sitting around was the old from from my system. i tried it and put the new one back in. it didn't change the way the computer was booting or anything

I took a look at the mottherboard specs and there is no debug LEDS. What about beep codes? Is there a manual which you can use for reference as to what the beep codes you are getting mean?

Is this a new build or did this just randomly happen? Were you doing anything different when you suddenly noticed that it would not boot? My computer did this when I first built it on two occasions because I forgot to connect two essential power connectors. Double check that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom